Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Unhappy Automation Help

So I know how to automate volume, pan etc. but I'm trying to automate a certain part of an audio track to an aux track that has some plugins that I want to use. How do I do this? Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2009, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Automation Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PihSant View Post
So I know how to automate volume, pan etc. but I'm trying to automate a certain part of an audio track to an aux track that has some plugins that I want to use. How do I do this? Thanks in advance
Not entirely sure about why you want to do this but there are several ways..

1. Cut the section out of your audio file and paste into a new track with the plugs you want to use for there. Mix in a bus.

2. Automate the send volume/mute to the fx channel to be active only when you want the extra processing.

3. audiosuite the fx on the sections that you want.

Since I don't know what you are trying to do and with what it's kind of hard to say.

Further, depending on the plug, you can automate many of it's features just by making the feature automation active and writing value to it.

Hope this helps.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the response. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have 3 stereo audio tracks bussed to an aux track with an EQ and a compressor that I'm using. I have a seperate mono audio track and I want to send one small clip of that to the aux track. I can't just move it to one of the other audio tracks because they're stereo and the clip is mono. I was thinking that I could automate sending the small clip to the aux track that has the EQ and comp on it. Is this possible? I only have the choice to automate volume, mute and pan in my automation list. I guess I'm asking how to allow my mono audio track to send a small clip to an aux track. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Automate a send to the stereo AUX track(from your mono audio track). Although I suspect(since you are using EQ and COmpression) that you really want to insert the same(but MONO version) of plugins on the mono track and automate the bypass so they are only active for the part of the song where you need them. What you describe may not be the best way to run your mixes.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks. I'll try that.