Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 11:22 AM

Default DAE error 9022 ? - Cannot open large project?

Two projects that I have just beat detected(using PT 7.2) will not open. After about 5-10 minutes of loading fade files, It reports: DAE error 9022. not sure what his means but there are not too many plugins or tracks used in the project, but there are a whole lot of fades and regions. Is this just a lack of computer memory and could it be fixed if I got more than the 2 gigs of memory for my G5 dual 2.0? ... or is there some other reason/solution that someone here in this forum might be able to explain to me?

Thanks!!
Kameron White
Old 09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: DAE error 9022 ? - Cannot open large project?

Can you use Import Session Data to a new session and try importing tracks one by one to see if you can locate a particular track or tracks that are causing the problem? Have you tried trashing prefs or database files yet?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:45 AM

have not tried to import track by track since I had assumed that it was an overall insufficient memory problem and not based on individual track corruption. It is happening the same on two totally different projects that I just recently beat detected, which also makes me believe that it's not file corruption.... what is error 9022 mean? what specific preferences would you recommend that I trash?
Thank you,
Kam
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Avid

A -9022 error translates to "kFicTooManyItemsErr// Number of needed items goes beyond a lists max size."

You mentioned using Beat Detect on these sessions....its possible that some unused region/unused fade faile corruption is going on.

Maybe try removing all unused regions? Or consolidating some playlists, then removing unused regions?

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 09-25-2006, 12:18 PM

there were not alot of audio files in the projects. . . just perhaps 10 stems plus the 12 tracks of live drums (10 takes - some real short). Also, both songs are ~4 minutes. so, I doubt there are any "unsed regions' at all at this point. I was just going to edit(comp) the live drums down into a master drums tracks, at which point I would consolidate and there would be plenty of unused audio/regions. but as for now, everything is necessary... I even need the stems to hear/know how to comp the drums. even if there were unused regions, I cannot open the project in order to delete them... i think that the problem is as the error 9022 reads: too many items in list. . meaning too many regions or fades. . . It seems that you can work/edit with a project and save it larger than protools can open. not sure if more cpu memory would make any difference here or if this is just a pt software limit, but I'm afraid that even if I were to import the tracks one by one, that may be sucessful, but saving and reopening again may not be successful.

Kam
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 AM

A force shuffle of the DSP chips "might" help but that's a long shot. Also, take a look at your setup and see how many chips/voices you have allocated for the session. Maybe you have an insufficient amount of voices/chips allocated to this particular project?