Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Guitar Amp/Cab Emulator

Hey guys,

I need to add another electric guitar and due to the setup it is not practical to place the combo amp on stage (it would blast the choir). I want to use the Digidesign amp/cab emulator plugin in its place. What amp/cab setup and starting settings would you all recommend? The guitar player is pretty discerning so I want to have something decent to start with before we start to tweak.

Thank you,

Brian M.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Guitar Amp/Cab Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison.ece05 View Post
Hey guys,

I need to add another electric guitar and due to the setup it is not practical to place the combo amp on stage (it would blast the choir). I want to use the Digidesign amp/cab emulator plugin in its place. What amp/cab setup and starting settings would you all recommend? The guitar player is pretty discerning so I want to have something decent to start with before we start to tweak.

Thank you,

Brian M.
We cannot guess what sort of amp/cab tone he is chasing. The Eleven simulations are pretty good so start by relying on their names/description to be close to reality.

At some point it may just be easier to get an Eleven Rack... that way at least the guitarist can play/rehearse with this themselves and make a good start at getting this dialed in. The Eleven Rack is also more capable than the plugins, especially with the expansion pack.

Darryl
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Gotcha. I am just looking for a classic sound. This is just used for corporate worship.

I do like the Eleven Rack; at least the promos that I have watched on it.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 PM

I have no idea what "classic sound" is. Could be at least...

Clean loud USA Fender/6L6
Chimey VOX
Marshall EL84 grit through to growl

I'm more worried by what 'corporate worship' is.

I'm really guessing you need to put the guitarist in control here. Describe to him what the amp sims are and have him suggest were to start. Start with getting him plugged in at the console where he can mess with the Eleven (and any other) plugin controls and get things set up to his liking. Of course he may not be happy with not being able to tweak his amp from stage while performing.

Darryl
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, see I don't have a clue about which guitar amp/combo have a particular signature sound to them. I am a bit ignorant in that area. However, when I think classic sound for guitar I think of bands like Journey, Foreigner, Toto, Tom Petty. Anyway, just looking for some direction.

Corporate worship is just a term of art referring to a big gathering of christian people on Sunday morning.