How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM

Default Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping

Hi,

Any ICON out there use the Sonnox Oxford Dynamics plugin? Have you noticed that the control mapping to the dedicated Dynamics control section of the ICON are kinda screwed up? In version 2.09 you can’t adjust the limiter from the dedicated dynamics controllers when using Oxford Dynamics Full plugin, but you can when using a reduced feature version like Oxford Compressor/Limiter. In the new version 3 you can't get to the limiter controls with the dedicated Dynamics controllers at all. Most functions seem to work ok if you spill plugin parameters to faders.

Also, even if I select Access follows Ext Controller (any) the plugin will not switch modes accessing from the dedicated dynamics control section but it will if you spill the control parameters onto faders.

Anyone else have these issues?
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 07-14-2017, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
In the new version 3 you can't get to the limiter controls with the dedicated Dynamics controllers at all.
Yup, same here on D-Control. On the full version I can get at the Compressor settings (on 1 page), Expander/Gate is across two pages and I can get at most but not all settings, SC EQ appears on the EQ section and the Limiter appears nowhere.

Pete
Old 07-19-2017, 04:56 PM

I've been in touch with Sonnox about this plug in.

It's silly that the HOLD/GAIN encoder is being used for Gain when it's already available on the OUTPUT encoder.

They should change it to HOLD.

They mentioned they were going to try to do this in V3 but I don't think it's been done.

Sillyness! Sometimes I don't understand humans.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

I have the same problem with this plugin which is really unfortunate because it’s one of my main compressors. I'm also on a D-command using PT8 and PT 12.6

The best work around I’ve come up with is to map my most used parameters outside of the compressor to the channel rotary encoders. and setup the plug in default setting so that most parameters are set the way I want them.

For example on default I set the compressor and the SC-EQ to IN. I set the time constants in the limiter to roughly where I would want them (hopefully I won’t need to adjust them). I also roughly set the SC eq points and have the shelves enabled. My first page of the rotary encoders has the warmth in and the amount. and the litter in and the threshold. on the next 2 pages I have the SC EQ controls. After that I have the limiter controls. I don’t use the gate or expander. I much prefer the digi expander. It honestly seems like the gate and expander are broken in the newer version of this plugin.

It’s still not ideal but for the most part I can do what I want with it without having to look at the plugin window. It did take some getting used to how I mapped things
Old 07-28-2017, 01:18 PM

We shouldn't have to do a work around. Sonnox should fix it.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS