Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2014, 08:39 PM

Default Minor Problems downloading AIR expansion pack. Help ASAP please

So Hybrid, Loom, Vacuum and Velvet all worked fine.

Transfuser, Structure and strike are getting error screens when I try launching the installer. I know why, I just cant figure out why they would make it do it like that.

When I goto the Air store and it lists all the download links for your purchased software, its like AVID where they have a different download link for each version. The ones that have multiple versions aren't working. I know why but I cant explain why they'd make us download all the links.

For example.) LOOM 2.02 only has only download link for that version, Same with Hybrid, vacuum and Velvet, there is only one download link so you don't have an option to get previous versions.

BUT Structure for example has multiple download links.
Structure 2.0.3.dmg
Strcuture 2.0.3.002.dmgpart
Structure 2.0.3.003.dmgpart
all the way until
Structure 2.0.3.019.dmgpart.

So naturally, i assumed these were all minor updates so I downloaded the very last one thinking it would be most recent. When I tried launching the installer it said Structure was missing parts 1-18. I am assuming parts 1-18 are the 18 download links BEFORE the 19th one that I downloaded and assumed was the most recent one. Do I REALLY have to download all 19 of these parts just to launch structure?

Same thing for transfuser and strike. They all had multiple download links, but again I only downloaded the last ones because why would anyone ever think to download them all?

Do I really need to download all 30+ of these installers just to install them?

If you have never downloaded the AIR expansion pack you probably won't know what I mean so don't guess and say I have to download them all because thats what it seems like. I don't wanna download them all if I don't have to. Why would AIR make it such a complicated and long process if I do have to download them all? Seems more customer friendly to have them all packaged into one download link.

edit: never mind its all worked out! thanks

Last edited by Yumid; 07-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Minor Problems downloading AIR expansion pack. Help ASAP please

heres what I mean about multiple links. This is the picture of all the Strike 2 download links, naturally I just scrolled down and downloaded the last one only because thats what common sense told me to do. Do I really need to download all of them from the first to last part?

pic isn't loading, oh well.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
So naturally, i assumed these were all minor updates so I downloaded the very last one thinking it would be most recent. When I tried launching the installer it said Structure was missing parts 1-18. I am assuming parts 1-18 are the 18 download links BEFORE the 19th one that I downloaded and assumed was the most recent one. Do I REALLY have to download all 19 of these parts just to launch structure?
No, just the first part which should be the actual program. You're doing it in reverse order. You're downloading the samples 1st. If you just install the 1st link of Structure you should still be able to use it in PTs but without its samples.

Strike should be the same, Transfuser should only be one link (2 if you count the 2.0 version). Also make sure you're downloading Mac or PC that could also be the reason for the error.
WD Black SATA 7200
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Mbox3 Pro Firewire 400
ProTools 10.3.8
ProTools 11.3.1

https://soundcloud.com/matthewcrowe
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
No, just the first part which should be the actual program. You're doing it in reverse order. You're downloading the samples 1st. If you just install the 1st link of Structure you should still be able to use it in PTs but without its samples.

Strike should be the same, Transfuser should only be one link (2 if you count the 2.0 version). Also make sure you're downloading Mac or PC that could also be the reason for the error.
Ahhh..good to know now but a little late haha, I started downloading them ALL a few hours ago.. Almost done though, only have 10 parts of structure left haha.

So if i understand correctly, I could have just downloaded the first file and that would been enough? Either way I have them ALL now, or I will in a couple hours once the structure samples are finished.

And yes i am downloading them all for MAC. Its strange they didnt give any info on this. How was I supposed to know the difference between the actual plugin and just the samples? Didnt indicate it anywhere.

And transfuser is definitely 3, has the original link plus a 002 and 003.

edit: Just realized it says MAC users can hold option then click begin download to save the file.

I have been doing that, I've just been clicking the file and letting it automatically download. Is that a big deal? When I just click it, it starts downloading as the original file name. But when I hold option and click it, it starts downloading as an AirMusic File without the original file name..whats that all about?

Sorry about all the (probably easy) questions

Last edited by Yumid; 07-04-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
So if i understand correctly, I could have just downloaded the first file and that would been enough? Either way I have them ALL now, or I will in a couple hours once the structure samples are finished.
Yes, the 1st link should have been the program. Presumably you got the error because you need a program before you can install samples.

Quote:
I have been doing that, I've just been clicking the file and letting it automatically download. Is that a big deal? When I just click it, it starts downloading as the original file name. But when I hold option and click it, it starts downloading as an AirMusic File without the original file name..whats that all about?
What file name it downloads shouldn't be of great importance, it's how it installs that matters.

Quote:
And transfuser is definitely 3, has the original link plus a 002 and 003.
Yes, now I recall the Macs go up to 2.3.
WD Black SATA 7200
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Mbox3 Pro Firewire 400
ProTools 10.3.8
ProTools 11.3.1

Old 07-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post

What file name it downloads shouldn't be of great importance, it's how it installs that matters.

Ya, only reason I asked was because I noticed it specifically asked to save the file to the desktop. My installers have been defaulting in my downloads folder instead. And if on a mac to hold option before clicking begin download. And I hadn't been doing that for the 90% that were already installed and waiting to verify. But you're right, it shouldn't be a big deal if its worked as far as getting to the authorization point already on the other ones.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 AM

In my experience the plugin installer wouldn't begin an install until all of the samples were downloaded and present.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
In my experience the plugin installer wouldn't begin an install until all of the samples were downloaded and present.
Yes you could be right. I didn't download Structure (I am right now) but in theory the exe should have downloaded ok without the samples.

Didn't realize id take this long. Only 6 parts in one day at 500 kb/s. It'll probably take all day today and tomorrow to download this.
WD Black SATA 7200
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Mbox3 Pro Firewire 400
ProTools 10.3.8
ProTools 11.3.1