Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2014, 07:51 AM

Default Welcome to Avid

So there was a man who died and goes up to the pearly gates and meets Saint Peters there who tells him that though he had been good, he wasn't allowed in heaven. He had to first visit hell and then make the choice to go to heaven (they had been in a crazy lawsuit coz they didn't give people the option before).

So the man pulls one of those "Ooookkkaaay, let's do this" and ends up in hell for a day. In hell there is a party! I mean their playing his favourite music, the girls laugh at his jokes, the drink until the morning, eat all the junk food they can - I mean it was a ball.

So the guy runs back to Saint Peters and says "Forget going to heaven where everyone is eating right, reading books, and playing the harp! I'm going to hell. Where can I sign?!" Saint Peters wonders why they have lost a whole bunch of good people to hell. He figures that they must have changed their marketing or something there. "Oh well, sign here" he says.

So when the man goes back to hell, everything is gloomy. People are moaning, it's dark, hot, and the wind is howling. It's a very sad place. So the man then runs over to the devil to find out whats up. "Devil! Devil!"" he says "Where's that party I was at yesterday?" "Where are all the girls and drinks and all the awesome time I had?". The devil turns to him and says "Well, last night you were a prospect. Today you're a client"

Welcome to Avid. Today you're a Client.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Welcome to Avid

Good story, but I guess the same would have happened if he had signed up for heaven....
Old 05-04-2014, 01:09 PM

And I'm not a Client - I'm a Customer by choice and really don't understand your story comparing Avid with Hell

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 PM

Dear Moderator,

I understand. Artist Mix was marketed as supporting Mackie Control Protocol, but it doesn't support it very well at all.

See:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348694
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=354097

Maybe you can help?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Who is Saint Peters?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM

The Artist was sold to us promising a lot of things. One being some NEW FEATURES, not ONE has been added to EuCon. I was promised working panners were 'imminent' when I was shown the artists years ago. I bought them party on that promise. I was lied to.

Every version of EuCon released since 2.63 promises bug fixes and better stability. Few of us here find that to be true. 3.12 is 100% unusable on my system, only 3.10 had proven fairly stable finally.

I wouldn't quite call it Hell, but us Artist Users are certainly forgotten and in purgatory. And without doubt ANY new work being done on EuCon is all about making the S6 work, and we'll never see any new features for the Artist or Mix at this point.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM

One lesson I've learnt which seems counterintuitive, is to never switch on my Artist until Eucon has fully booted. 100% success that way with 3.1.2, but the other way round always requires force quitting EU control and the client and restarting them.

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dB.co.uk View Post
One lesson I've learnt which seems counterintuitive, is to never switch on my Artist until Eucon has fully booted. 100% success that way with 3.1.2, but the other way round always requires force quitting EU control and the client and restarting them.
+1
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 05-07-2014, 02:12 PM

I used to use 2 Artist series controllers and never got issue with them, or nothing that can't be solved quickly.
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins