Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2003, 08:04 PM

Default PT 6 OSX Bug Report...

Please post your ProTools 6 OSX bugs here.

Here are a couple.

1. I have a MotorMix controller. It works fine... well, for a while. After some time, and it varies, I loose communication with the device. Sometimes it happens within minutes... sometimes it takes a lot longer... and once it worked fine until the end of a session... I'm connected to a MOTU Fastlane, and have disconnected all other devices. Only the MotorMix is connected to the USB MIDI Inteface, which is running on the latest MOTU drivers.

2. In one occasion, I couldn't create markers pressing Enter in the numeric key pad. I had to quit, erase ProTools preferences, and launch again. Now it seems to be working... Will report if it goes bad again...

I am running PT6 on a G4 dual 450, 1Gb Memory, HD2 system.

Mauro
Old 02-16-2003, 02:58 AM

Default Re: PT 6 OSX Bug Report...

hey mauro, so what is the problem?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:03 AM

1. Recorded a bit of midi and the notes showed up fine but no playback. took the track out of record and still no PB. Went to another track name (highlighted) and the back to my midi track and then I had playback. Using midi elsewhere in OSX I have to imagine that Apple needs to spend some overtime in this area.

2. Full system crash (all goes gray with the multi language -please Restart warning. This occurred after deactivating then reactivating to quickly.

3. Occasionally, after reactivating tracks with groups All outputs screamed with noise. (dangerous) The group had one Waves Ren Channel strip on it.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I couldn't create markers pressing Enter in the numeric key pad. I had to quit, erase ProTools preferences, and launch again.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok. This is definitely reproduceable. After working without problems in a different session for a couple of hours, I couldn't create markers pressing the Enter key, either on the fly or stopped. I could, however, create them manually by pressing the small marker icon on the top left. In this session no plug-ins had been instantiated, just edits. Saving and closing the session and then reopenning fixed it.

The MotorMix constantly loosing communications with ProTools is very annoying. It used to work just fine in OS9.

Mauro.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 AM

1. One more... Twice now after quitting ProTools, nothing else running (computer started, launched PT, worked a session, quit PT), I have gotten kernel panics... and had to hard restart the computer. (G4 450 double processor, 1Gb RAM)

Mauro
Old 02-17-2003, 11:07 AM

Well, this just helps my thoughts on upgrading... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 09:06 PM

PT6 and OSX 10.2.4, magma 4 slot with HD3 inside.
It's running smooth so far....
My bug report is that my old sessions (40tracks or more and lots of plugins) created by PT 5.31 can't open.
It hangs the computer....

Always try [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

M.A.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:18 AM

>PT6 and OSX 10.2.4, magma 4 slot with HD3 inside.
I>t's running smooth so far....
>My bug report is that my old sessions (40tracks or >more and lots of plugins) created by PT 5.31 can't open.
>It hangs the computer....

You're seeing problems because the magma 4 slow chassis is * not supported * yet.

Check out the Digi compato pages.
Apple is working on a fix for these problems.....
Old 02-19-2003, 01:25 PM

I just installed Pro Tools 6.0. I am running an G4 with a single 800 processor on OS 10.2.4, so far everything is working great. However, I have noticed one bug that hopefully will be addressed soon.

I use session templates daily. It appears that in 6.0, when you open a template and save it as your new session, Pro Tools will save a new session file without renaming it or actually opening that newly named file.

So what happens is: You double click your template file, you are given the opportunity to save it as a new session. Name your new session and save it to the location of your choice. Typically, at this point you can start working. But in 6.0 you will still be in your template file. So you have to close the template session, navigate to your new session, rename the file because 6.0 didn't do it for you and launch your new session. Then you can get to work. Minor PITA but still a PITA.

Has anybody else seen this or is it just me?

Kevin N
Old 02-19-2003, 09:19 PM

UNABLE TO CREATE A DAE DECK bug:

Called Digi Tech today regarding a new bug; Tech support says they have been getting "a lot of calls" on this one in the last few days.

Install ProTools 6 on OS X. Start up the ProTools application program. During startup (before startup finishes)- receive error: 'Unable to create a DAE deck'. This occurs while ProTools is attempting to create DAE objects. Click on 'OK' and ProTools then exits without completing startup.

I'm hoping others with this problem will post their system info here, as I'd like to see if any common threads run amongst these occurances.

My system: Mac DP 1gig, OS X 10.2.3, ProTools 6 on a 24/Mix system, one 888 24/Mix, one 1622, two Mix PCI cards; other PCI cards include TC Tools PowerCore + ATTO/Digi SCSI controller connected to two SCSI hard drives. Also use a connected USB audio interface (Emagic 2/6), but bug occurs even when USB interface is disconnected. Have tried repairing permissions using disk util; have tried uninstalling ProTools 6 and then reinstalling; have trashed prefs file and restarted; bug still occurs.

Digi Tech support does not yet know the cause. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]