Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2019, 02:36 AM

Default Dynamic Playback goes silent when playing before/after the timeline selection

Hi, I use dynamic playback quite frequently and always wanted to ask about this issue as I have been having it on and off since probably 12.7 which was my first PT version. Often times I will want to let's say start the playback at bar 4 and perhaps have it looped around bars 12-16. It will probably work for a while and then it will go silent. I will start the playback on bar 4 again, no sound and then it's back when the loop begins. Other times it will play for a few seconds, then goes silent and comes back when the loop begins. It also happens after the timeline selection and then I will only get sound from the loop range and nothing before/after. Is there something I am not realizing here that makes me encounter this issue? Obviously if I remove the timeline selection and just play the track from any place, it will work as expected. CPU, SSD and RAM usage is very low, no problem here. Thanks.