Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Kenny: nice vid man, you were definately grooving on that one my friend!

Quote:
BM,
Are you planning to visit our side, or just stay in NY state ?
Either way..let me know when..I'll be there to meet you and your folks
BTW..what's wrong with LCD displays? (vs Plasma ones)
We have a few around our house and to my eyes, specially watching HD broadcast or Blue Ray DVDs..they look pretty freakin happening...yo

take care,
pierre
gonna drive up through CA to Niagra, stay for a night or two, go down through NY to NYC, then work the way back through PA to MI. If we grabbed a pint dude, it'd probably be you, me, Ruth, my bro inlaw and sis-inlaw. Ruth's mom and dad aren't really into the drinking thing and what not.

re LCD's, nothing wrong with them man. I prefer plasma over a 30 in. display though for colors as they are more bright and saturated kinda. Although, I gotta say the new laptop screen (which has 1080p output btw via HDMI.. looks pretty sweet. I gotta wear glasses to see anything anymore most the time anyways so...

btw... got 10 tracks together for this RPM challenge thing. I am working on putting them in playlist order tonight and think I'll have them in PT and attempting to master them tommorow to finish the deal up for record number 5. Its gonna have a bit more of a live feel at some points I think but I'm pretty cool with the tracks and its mainly for fun and to support the RPM thing at this point anyways.

well, network drives just got done defragging so maybe I have a few min. to load them up tonight.. hehe later
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 PM

how goes guys?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 AM

Remixing a song today... Running out of power. I need a new computer!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Hi guys,

Siff... this is the year for the new "Macpro" .....only $2799 ...!!! OUCH. I have about $1,800 saved toward it. How have you been?

Charlie, I got your email....I see you guys are breaking records for coldness. What happened to "global warming" ....OK, I'll shut up.

Any of you guys ever use Bias Soundsoap 2? I might have to get it for a V/O project I'm working on. Well, I'm gonna go take a short 6 mile ride on my bike. It's a tad cool today...(about 72 F.) ...OK...NOW you guys can yell at me...LOL

Hope all is well.

Best,

kENNy
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Hey Kenny,

I'm looking at the new Mac Pro as well. It's only a matter of time, I simply can't imagine getting a PC after going Mac a while back. thinking about going HD as well for my songwriter studio, but I'm holding out for a while incase they're launching something new... HD is getting kind of old

Haven't used Soundsoap.... What's wrong with using PT? What do you need it for? If it's for cleaning, check out iZotope RX.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Hey Maestro..
You could always patch out to a mixing board
Could be a shocking new sonic experience...

later,
pierre

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM

Yo DL,
Quote:
What happened to "global warming" ....OK, I'll shut up. // It's a tad cool today...(about 72 F.) ...OK...NOW you guys can yell at me...LOL
Hey Kenny..was this called for ??
Chest high snowbanks, blowing chilly wind and frozen waterpipes here..

> Any of you guys ever use Bias Soundsoap 2? < Not, but Waves Restoration bundle and the occasional rental of Cedar hardware.
What's your issue ??
Wanna send me a short full rez clip ?
Obliged to help out

ttyl,
nigel

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Charlie, I got your email....I see you guys are breaking records for coldness. What happened to "global warming" ....OK, I'll shut up.

Any of you guys ever use Bias Soundsoap 2? I might have to get it for a V/O project I'm working on. Well, I'm gonna go take a short 6 mile ride on my bike. It's a tad cool today...(about 72 F.) ...OK...NOW you guys can yell at me...LOL

Hope all is well.

Best,

kENNy
Kenny, dude... a cool 72?!?!?! are you kidding me man? lmao well, guess Andrew and I can keep the G's stash caus it warms ya up ya know... haha I was talking to my inlaws down there the other day though seriously and they said it was like 80 something... haha we had -18 up here that day when I sent the e-mail. haven't used Bias Soundsoap unfortunately man, but hope you enjoyed the bike ride. I am biking too, but in my basement on the trainer with my rabbit staring at me like I'm friggin crazy.. lol

Quote:
Stiff, dude time for one of the G5's or you could always do the break out patch thing like Andrew mentioned man. Or... there's always PC.. How are things going in your neck of the woods? any new stuff happening or trouble to be gotten into?

Andrew: dude.. tell me about the chest high snow man. got to work today and they scraped the lot and the piles around the trees were taller than me and you guys know I am a tall dude... lol I was talking to a friend that lives up that way that does some photo stuff and heard that you guys are getting dumped on tonight again as well. I think its non-stop til late March unfortunately my friend. Good news is I've got a sixer of G's on hand at the moment... hehe hope all is cool man.

oh... btw... you guys see the latest shots I posted on my site? I am crossing creative boundaries on the latest project I'm working on for the new record. I combined photos and music. Did up a bunch of cool shots with one of my guitars the other night. Couple of them got pretty trippy.. lol be good guys. peace
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM

oh oh oh... I forgot to mention guys... Did I tell you guys that I have managed to get PT LE 6.4 installed and working on the new laptop with Vista Ultimate 64 bit? its actually quite simple, just gotta drop the User Access Control (moron mode as I call it) and Ultimate 64 has backwards compato for 16 and 32 bit apps just like XP did. System didn't even throw up a fit when I tried the install just for giggles. I'm going to cut a tune or two on it for the new record and test it in greater detail.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
You could always patch out to a mixing board
Could be a shocking new sonic experience...
I have considered this a lot lately, but I don't think it would be very practical for me. I mean, no total recall when working with tons of stuff at the same time? And not to mention the dough that has to be spent on outboard gear