Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Aaron: kinda gave up temporarily actually... I'm working on a tune for a global warming org thats looking for musicians to write stuff at the moment with a friend, and I actually went back to drums from my keyboard just to save time right now... we'll see if I get a night to sit down with a G or two and play with it again.. who knows.. if I get too ticked at it, there may be a nice midi controller and BFD lite package on ebay for cheap at some point... anywho... thanks for bearing with my ignorance on it man.

Andrew: yep, I was thinking so as well.. looks like they masked the rest of the city in the picture and painted the river green in photoshop. Main reason I don't believe its well is caus as disgusting as it is I know that the city uses that water for stuff.. do don't drink water unless its bottled in the city most likely.. I do have a good pic of the river on my page though from one of my trips and its kinda blue as blue can be..

btw.. how's the punk drumz going yo?

and how much green G did thou consume? lol enough to see wee leprechans running away with your lucky charms yo? lmao
Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Charlie,
I 'm feeling a tad guilty for da punk thang drum tracks man..
Trust me though, it'll be done eventually
The barn is booked solid lately, and I have a consultation gig, which require many hours of re-searching and writing reports..
Truly sorry dude..
No..wasn't any "green G" on the table man..It's me who got green, after consuming way too many regular pints..

So..still fighting w/da mitti apps ?? Thought so

take care,
pierre

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 PM

no worries man, I'd say you should be feeling guilty, but its not like the TR label needs the track like yesterday and what not right now yo.. Congrats on the work though, ya gotta go with those steady streaks while ya can.

and watch out for those leprechans man... green beer or not yo Hoodie will tell you da story...

as for Mitti, honestly haven't touched the stuff since last time I was posting about it. Been playing more with the new camera lately for the most part. Thing gets some pretty amazing shots and has all the bells and whistles. Holding off on the extra lenses though for possible humbuckler for my strat. I am tempted to swap the third single coil for a humbuckler to fatten z tone a bit.. anywho..
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
post a link to one very typical example.
YouSendIt - Industrail/Electronia
Quote:
metal objects (bathtubs, stairs, garbage bins, etc..)
Would Reverbs count in this case - Bathtub responses, Tin Can responses, etc.?
Quote:
lot's of controlled attack, thin middle envelope and plenty of timed, sonically interesting decay/tail.
Now, this is what I wanted to touch on, do you do ADSR in Drumagog exclusively, or can this also be done in another plug? I know, my Roland V-Synth XT (Hardware Sampler) has extensive Enveloping controls (OSC TVA 1 & 2 and Global TVA per Zone). Ummm... Attack seems pretty self explanatory, but what do you mean by 'thin middle envelope'?

I think the essence of your post is to just experiment. (If you have a sound in your minds ear - try and reproduce it).

Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM

Penguino,
Quote:
I'd say you should be feeling guilty
Damn..
The studio has been, and is booked solid..so I have no way to get in !

It will happen, as promised..no timetable.
bob

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM

Aaron,
Now that's what I was afraid of..
These are all samples !! , sequenced in the box.
I am NOT the person to ask, just audition your samples..post in some electronic/house/trance groups to get advice.
>Would Reverbs count in this case - Bathtub responses, Tin Can responses, etc.?
>> NO ! the sources I've mentioned are all real, acoustic ones. Their ambiance could be enhanced with artificial responses, plug-ins..whatever. I guess..
> Now, this is what I wanted to touch on, do you do ADSR in Drumagog exclusively, or can this also be done in another plug?
>> Drumagog has NO ADSR envelop controls. Your sampler can probably do that. And I do not use any other plugins that can manipulate ADSR.
I'm sorry but we are about twenty years apart on the basic approach..
I think you already have all necessary tools to duplicate that sound !
If you call it that..

andrew

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but we are about twenty years apart on the basic approach
Yep ...and about 10,000 miles apart too!
Quote:
Drumagog has NO ADSR envelop controls.
Really, I didn't known that, I thought besides Drum Replacement or Enhancement, Drumagog also does ADSR control, my bad, so if not computer-based ADSR, what then? Musicianship?
Quote:
Your sampler can probably do that.
Yep ...I'll try it out later tonight.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Really, I didn't known that, I thought besides Drum Replacement or Enhancement, Drumagog also does ADSR control, my bad, so if not computer-based ADSR, what then? Musicianship?
Dear Filo,
Thanx God we are all using different approaches, tools and methods to arrive at our intended results.
Let me demonstrate how the recording would unfold in my world ;
Me>
OK, we have good level. Now..that coffee tin sounds a touch too big, too resonant and has a soft attack.
Industrial artist >
Hahh ?? I don't want to use samples !!!
M>
No no no..just switch to a smaller soupcan, lose the drumstick and use that screwdiver !
IA>
Wow..cool
M>
Trust me..I'll send out my assistant to change the setup..you can just groove on in the meantime to the track. Might wanna muffle that ring a tad as well..
Me to Assistant>
Yo..moving this fu%*@r over to tha small room. Swap the Neumann to the 421, go 14 inches from the opposite side. Try a different preamp too. And while you're at it fetch me a G pronto !!

...recording...

The Band> Yeah !! exact fit yo. You're a mad genius. Can we throw some "verb" on it ??
M>
NOPE

So..this is actually quite accurate how I'd handle that sound.
Once it's recorded, hardware processing would possibly take place to shape it further. Compressors, EQ's, Eventide pitch shift and the king of "ADSR"..the Transient Designer.
The resulting hits would be archived as "Drumagog" samples for the next occasion, so they could be triggered by any percussive signal.

Me> (to assistant)
Thanx Bob, great work. Just how many more times should I teach you how to pour the Guinness ??
take care,
andrew

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 AM

lmao!!! you guys are sampling coffee and soup cans now? scary part is I know a guy that made a record like that and it actually sounded kinda cool... He recorded all the samples himself though, then used them as loops to make his creations..

A: yeah, I know about the drums yo. I am glad you guys are getting all the work up there. You know spring has hit when the folks start crawling outta the woodwork.. I am keeping busy with photography stuff, doing some new website layouts, and the day gig on this end right now anyways. *shrugs* I learned how to make an infared lense outta a cardboard paper towel roll and processed film the other day... I know... different forum but... Still trying to get a singer for this track I'm working on for a global warming org too.. may just end up crooning on it myself... we'll see.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Hey dude, I finally got some time to put up a post in the tea room......
Right now I am in London operating a show, well not really operating. I'm eating wicked food at a contry club, hang on I'll find a waiter to tell me what exacly I am eating........................................... First course, Backed Brie cheese wraped in a paistry with rassberry sause, second came scallops in a garlic mushroom sause on a little hill of rice, and now I am having a steak with carrots, potatos, asperagus with some red wine. [bleep] it is good.

Anyway, are we still on for april 2nd dude or wadda fuk?

Call me

Hey Pingu, wats a pening?