How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2018, 10:33 AM

Default digi link license

Hi,

Regarding the digi-link license for 3rd party interfaces, I've seen the link online and the cost here in UK is around £250.

Is this a one off charge? (I hope it is) and if there are 2 HDX cards is the 1 license for the whole system, not just for one card?

Please clarify-thanks
Old 07-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Default digi link license

Hi,

Digi-link license for 3rd party interfaces. Is this perpetual? - and would it cover an HDX 2 system under the one digi-link license?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 AM

Default Re: digi link license

The Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license is perpetual (never expires) and only one is needed per HDX or HD|Native system.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Where does one find instructions for applying digiLink IO License? Tried pasting into 'Activate & Download' under Pro Tools Online 'My Account' tab and it wasn't accepted.
Alert that warns of necessity for this license at app launch is intermittent, so can't rely on that as point of entry for license application.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
bt
Old 10-30-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funqsta View Post
Where does one find instructions for applying digiLink IO License? Tried pasting into 'Activate & Download' under Pro Tools Online 'My Account' tab and it wasn't accepted.
Alert that warns of necessity for this license at app launch is intermittent, so can't rely on that as point of entry for license application.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
bt
Welcome to the community.

Perhaps you have multiple accounts, but the one I found based on your email address here shows you have the older (pre-12.6) Pro Tools HD bundle so a DigiLink license is not required. If you do have 12.6/higher, then the Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license (in your Pro Tools HD/Ultimate Bundle or standalone) should be activated to an iLok or iLok Cloud.