Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 PM

Default Re: 10.2 Freezes

here is the error:

"Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem. (-9129)"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 PM

If repalcing the cable does not fix this, it is sounding more like a memory/PI issue. Check “Task Manager” and see how much RAM is being used by Pro Tools with the session running.

Open the session with all PIs bypassed (Shift Click to open), and see if the error occurs.

Do you have any hungry PIs on the master fader?

Are you running multiple Auto Tunes or VIs?

If you close Pro Tools does RAM usage go down to almost nothing or stay high? (Without an OS restart.)

IOW, are we seeing a memory leak?

Have you tried 10.3?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM

How do I get in touch with AVID without a help code? There is definitely something wrong with my HDX card or my Digi cable and my system is under warranty. I run the Digitest and get a few errors...also in the digitest when you click ID box and the blue LED is supposed to flash on your HDX card...it does not! but when i hold the digi cable in tight the LED starts flashing.....when i let go it stops flashing so there may be something wrong with the input of the card I need tec help!! I just get bounced around when I call AVID pls HELP!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toye View Post
How do I get in touch with AVID without a help code? There is definitely something wrong with my HDX card or my Digi cable and my system is under warranty. I run the Digitest and get a few errors...also in the digitest when you click ID box and the blue LED is supposed to flash on your HDX card...it does not! but when i hold the digi cable in tight the LED starts flashing.....when i let go it stops flashing so there may be something wrong with the input of the card I need tec help!! I just get bounced around when I call AVID pls HELP!
I would start by calling who you bought your system from, a dealer.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 AM

CGR music in Nashville, they built my computer and sold me the avid stuff and lots of gear but that was april 2012 and after 30 days its between me and avid. Avid wants $80 for support code just to talk to tec support. Bull [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. Im going to purchase a new digi link cable for $70 bucks here in Canada instead and hope it solves it. But AVID PLS CONTACT ME maybe its the input on the HDX card and i will need a replacement. If the cable does not fix it I will pay the $80 and call avid dammnit.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Looks like AVID tested card im getting it back today (FedEX) but have not been contacted with info on whether they replaced it or whether it was functioning proper. It was failing digitest on my PC. Either way im thinking of downgrading to HD NATIVE. If anyone is interested in upgrading pls pass them along [email protected]
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM

Please keep us informed.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com