Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 AM

Default Re: PT9HD path to PT11 (HD or nonHD)?

So am I reading this right. If I have an Accel system, I can upgrade to 10 and also get a copy of Pro Tools HD 11 that I can run with another interface? That's actually the deal that I was hoping for. That gets me the most advanced HD Accel system ever--No AAX plugs but I get all of my plugs running plus clip gain, the Euphonix EQ and the Disk Cashe. Is that right? And I also get 11 HD so I'm compatible with everyone. Pretty nice. Just need a thousand dollars.

Steve

Steve
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 AM

Thanks all... We run 32 I/O setup with a 192 and 2 888 legacy ...so we are screwed...lol 2 cards 2 16 channel I/o's and a new computer Oh well I new it could not last for ever.....
Thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 AM

Oh also will the pt11 64 bit use a server ( dual chip) motherboard better...old pt HD cards would not work better with 2 CPU's I hope the new software does as I have a server board that is waiting for a home...please let me know if this is an option.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 AM

I wish they would let you upgrade from old PT HD hardware and software to HD native. But since the only option is HDX for $7000 I'm forced to leave the AVID hardware world.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D. View Post
I wish they would let you upgrade from old PT HD hardware and software to HD native. But since the only option is HDX for $7000 I'm forced to leave the AVID hardware world.
This is my point. You would THINK that AVID would see the necessity of keeping HD users in the fold. AND if they offer a software upgrade (for $999 currently no less) that will render a user's hardware USELESS they should give them a break on the hardware purchase in the future.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
So am I reading this right. If I have an Accel system, I can upgrade to 10 and also get a copy of Pro Tools HD 11 that I can run with another interface? That's actually the deal that I was hoping for. That gets me the most advanced HD Accel system ever--No AAX plugs but I get all of my plugs running plus clip gain, the Euphonix EQ and the Disk Cashe. Is that right? And I also get 11 HD so I'm compatible with everyone. Pretty nice. Just need a thousand dollars.

Steve

Steve
Hi Steve,

That is correct BUT you wont be able to use your HD Accel cards with any version of PT11 and they can NOT be installed in your computer when using another interface/setup so the Accel cards and its awesome DSP power will be useless in PT11. I heard that the old blue/silver 192:s and 96:s can be used though with any of the HD Native pcie or HDX cards so maybe just buy a native card on ebay $1400-1600 or sell them along with the interface and buy a 3rd party interface. The important thing here is you can not use the accel cards in any way for PT 11 HD or plain 11 which sux bad as the cards cost alot when they came and so did the interfaces

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-20-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
you wont be able to use your HD Accel cards with any version of PT11 and they can NOT be installed in your computer when using another interface/setup
Never heard you couldn't have Accel cards in the computer when using another interface. Not sure this is true, since I've been told numerous times you could keep running HD Accel and run PT11 with another interface. Where are you getting that information?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Never heard you couldn't have Accel cards in the computer when using another interface. Not sure this is true, since I've been told numerous times you could keep running HD Accel and run PT11 with another interface. Where are you getting that information?
I heard that here on the forum but maybe I missunderstood that but as you have to choose sound source when starting mac computeras, the accel and core cards can not be instigated in PT11, they would not boot PT with them but wait and see if anyone with really good knowledge kan chime in here. I heard this and read it like that but I can of course be totally wrong in this.

Same discussion here : http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=337713

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 04-20-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Yeah, I was never considering PT11 with old HD hardware (core audio or not). They've explicitly said that won't work, but no one said you couldn't have the cards in the computer, since the DO say you can run PT10 along side 11. I imagine my setup being PT's 10 with my Accel card/96 IO and PT11 with my Rosetta 800 Firewire and PERHAPS getting an HD Native system if AVID will offer a discount to users who ALREADY own PT11HD.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Yeah, I was never considering PT11 with old HD hardware (core audio or not). They've explicitly said that won't work, but no one said you couldn't have the cards in the computer, since the DO say you can run PT10 along side 11. I imagine my setup being PT's 10 with my Accel card/96 IO and PT11 with my Rosetta 800 Firewire and PERHAPS getting an HD Native system if AVID will offer a discount to users who ALREADY own PT11HD.
Got it! I really do hope it works as it would be a very incomfortable situation for Avid otherwise as EVERYONE who are hoping to do the same as you will explode into a wildfire so lets keep finger and toes crossed that this work awesome

I think it will become clear as soon as PT drops and someone will try it before you and others goes and buys something that "might" work so keep hope alive and I am sure it will be fine. Avid is in the end our Friend

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————