Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 01-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Default Vox PlugIn software help needed

Hey,

I hope all is well in the AVID Community and Happy New Year!

I usually use hardware/ analog mixing consoles to mix, but am without the luxury at the moment so am here to seek some advice for anyone familiar with Pro Tools LE 8.

I am using an iMac, digi 003 and pro tools LE 8. I don't use the WIfi on the iMac or anything as the sole purpose is for my Pro tools to run. I am not interested in upgrading either so am looking for some advice on plugins (software or hardware) that work well with Vocals.

Any advice on what I can purchase, (or anything that is already built into the LE 8 version), would be much appreciate. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to software plugins as I am a musician and not an engineer, but have found myelf doing some mixing.

I would kindly appreciate any advice from those who are a lot more familiar than I am with plug ins etc.

P.S. I don't want to upgrade because I prefer the LE version (I usually use it for just recording), as well as for the fact that lots of things become incompatible with the more upgrades etc... and to me it's a bit of a hassle, so i'd rather just keep things as they are. Just as a side note for anyone willing to offer their expertise.

Thanks

Hannah.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Vox PlugIn software help needed

The stock plugins should be enough.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Default Vox PlugIn software help needed

Hey,

I hope all is well in the AVID Community and Happy New Year!

I usually use hardware/ analog mixing consoles to mix, but am without the luxury at the moment so am here to seek some advice for anyone familiar with Pro Tools LE 8.

I am using an iMac, digi 003 and pro tools LE 8. I don't use the WIfi on the iMac or anything as the sole purpose is for my Pro tools to run. I am not interested in upgrading either so am looking for some advice on plugins (software or hardware) that work well with Vocals.

Any advice on what I can purchase, (or anything that is already built into the LE 8 version), would be much appreciate. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to software plugins as I am a musician and not an engineer, but have found myelf doing some mixing.

I would kindly appreciate any advice from those who are a lot more familiar than I am with plug ins etc.

P.S. I don't want to upgrade because I prefer the LE version (I usually use it for just recording), as well as for the fact that lots of things become incompatible with the more upgrades etc... and to me it's a bit of a hassle, so i'd rather just keep things as they are. Just as a side note for anyone willing to offer their expertise.

Thanks

Hannah..

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 01-02-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Merged with duplicate thread.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
The stock plugins should be enough.

As would one thread rather than three.

PT8 is very old now and due to the plugin architecture change since PT9, it’s also harder to find plugins to buy.

Some companies still offer RTAS versions, but they’re in the minority. You could always look for second hand versions.

Try the stock ones included with PT8, especially the AIR ones for more creative effects. You should be OK with what’s included with your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2019, 06:23 PM

Yeah you might be able to get waves still that use RTAS....maybe you will have to check the format page of waves.com

You can use a standard HP filter then BF1176 with some light EQ after that...

I’m sure it can sound really good, problem with LE is the native Delay....caused by Recording with PLugins

Low latency monitoring is a possible way around that....the reference guide for PT8 is your friend

Enjoy
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.