Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 07-14-2020, 10:13 AM

Default MTRX Studio and MOM Awesomeness

I just wanted to say that the combination of MTRX Studio and MOM is SOOOOO good. I was already really impressed by the value of the MTRX Studio itself given its incredible I/O capability, but adding in MOM keeps everything under my fingers and easily accessible. I wrote in another thread that I work DAW-less a lot when I'm noodling on new ideas or just jamming. I don't mean to take away the work that was done to include many of the functions on the front panel that mimic MOM functionality, but they aren't really within my reach at the desk. With MOM, I'm able to set sources, volume, and which monitors will be used, even to the extent that I can output to Dante which might be setup to play through a CAB in the other room...or whatever. The possibilities of configurability and flexibility when assigning sources and outputs and setting levels is just awesome. It really takes the name of MTRX to the extreme.

Most of the time I see people in the forum that are trying to solve problems and sometimes that brings up challenges that are difficult to overcome and that can turn into vitriol towards Avid. In this case, I just wanted to provide feedback that is born of pure joy. It's beyond my expectations, from functionality, flexibility, quality and total I/O. Thanks to Avid and NTP/DAD for putting together such an excellent product.

-- Don

CPU: Intel 14-Core i9-10940X Cascade Lake 3.3GHz
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X299X AORUS Designare 10G
Cooler: Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler
RAM: 128GB DDR4-2666
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Cabinet: Thermaltake Core V71 Full-Tower ATX Case
Audio: M2 SSD: 2TB Intel M.2 2280 Internal SSD
Samples: 4TB Samsung 860 EVO Solid State Drive
NAS: QNAP 10Gbe - 20TB RAIDed HDD and SSD
Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W GOLD
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Samsung 49" Ultrawide CHG90
Old 07-14-2020, 11:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: MTRX Studio and MOM Awesomeness

Thanks for the kind words! For others looking to explore augmenting MTRX or MTRX studio with a MOM controller, please check out the following video:
https://youtu.be/FPCgk7Ja1OM

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-19-2020, 08:42 PM

I wanted to add that I've been using Eucon connected devices for the last 6 years or so and recently upgraded my Euphonix MC Control to an Avid Dock. Avid Dock is awesome and a great companion to the Avid MTRX Studio. It gives me direct access to so many pieces of the audio management puzzle. I just had to give props to MOM because it perfectly connects me to the things that I need under my fingers, without having to purchase an S4. The flexibility of the entire Eucon enabled ecosystem is beyond compare, and the Avid MTRX Studio really connects it all together.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:46 AM

Just making sure- do you have to purchase any additional license to use MOM with Avid MTRX studio? I am a bit confused by what's written ob Vintage King page : "As mentioned, MOM is a hardware remote and you will need an AX32 or DX32R with the optional PRO|MON|3 software license"
I am waiting for my MTRX to arrive and considering getting MOM - still not sure if it will be the cost of the unit only and will work with DAD software I get with MTRX studio or I will have to buy license to use it? Please help :)
Old 12-07-2020, 05:16 AM
Avid

Greetings,

Absolutely nothing else is required to make MOM work with MTRX as the MTRX has always included the Pro|Mon capability which has been an option with the DAD AX32 family products.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 12-07-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertszydlo View Post
Just making sure- do you have to purchase any additional license to use MOM with Avid MTRX studio? I am a bit confused by what's written ob Vintage King page : "As mentioned, MOM is a hardware remote and you will need an AX32 or DX32R with the optional PRO|MON|3 software license"
I am waiting for my MTRX to arrive and considering getting MOM - still not sure if it will be the cost of the unit only and will work with DAD software I get with MTRX studio or I will have to buy license to use it? Please help :)
Jeff beat me to it ;-), but I can also confirm that the MOM will work with the MTRX/MTRX Studio without any additional licenses. And you can even add multiple MOMs to the same MTRX if needed.