Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Post Re: "Clean Uninstall" Pro Tools 10 after moving over to Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBarnes21 View Post
Good to know, thanks for the info. I'm considering just updating through the app store rather than go through the whole process of wiping and restoring. Are there any known issues affecting Pro Tools with this method?
The only issue related to the Pro Tools app is the inability to use the installer for PT v10 with OS X Mavericks. As for plug-ins, you will need to check with the vendor for their latest version that is AAX 64 (aka AAX 2) and see if they have any particular note about OS X Mavericks compatibility.

I'm not running OS X Mavericks, and after the SSL debacle, I'm glad that my wait-and-see approach has been validated.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 PM

Default Re: "Clean Uninstall" Pro Tools 10 after moving over to Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBarnes21 View Post
Ah, good thing I'm still on Mountain Lion. I did a clean install of Mountain Lion when I upgraded and actually moved everything back over manually and it was a huge PITA, could I just use migration assistant this time to move stuff back over from the backup drive after wiping and clean installing Mavericks? The biggest pain was reinstalling and activating all my 3rd party plugs, will all those move over with migration assistant? I'm guessing I'll need to dump Waves licenses into The Cloud, but what about Pro Tools? Will I need to re-install that too or will migration assistant take care of it?
You never want to use Migration Assassin to move stuff back. Bite the bullet and do clean install of EVERYTHING. You'll thank yourself for doing that if not now but in the future. Is there any real reason you're thinking of going to Mavericks? If your system is running with no problems then stay with ML.

On another note: PT10 only takes up a couple of gig disk space - why not just leave it on your computer?

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes it is, but PT10 is not. You cannot uninstall PT10 on Mavericks, that's the problem.
You can, I posted the steps somewhere else. Should probably be turned into a sticky.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM

I had some weirdness after updating to mavericks- got some sort of kernel alert that I've never seen before regarding my interface (rme babyface). Also had a pro tools session wig out on me, audio was glitching out. I'm now restoring from a backup of mountain lion and won't be moving to mavericks till I have time to waste on wiping, installing, and manually reinstalling and moving over all my old files. So I guess I answered my own question!