Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2011, 11:01 AM

Default 002 Pro Tools 8.0.3 No Audio Signal

To start with I am not a newbie with Pro Tools. I have been using Pro tools LE for nearly seven years now on both Mac and PC. I only say that so we can bypass all the usual signal flow troubleshooting questions (like did you assign the right input? Is Phantom Power on etc.)

Here's my problem. I'll be as detailed as possible.

My old Pro Tools computer died. It was Windows XP running Pro Tools 8 but that's immaterial at this point.

Okay here goes.
1. I am switching from my Windows XP system to my mac book laptop (white, 500GB HD, 2GB Ram,2.1 Intel Duo Processor running Snow Leopard 10.6.6)

2. I uninstalled pro tools 8, downloaded the Mac 8.03 update and installed that.

3. I re-installed my Strike/AutoTune Evo plugins and the plugin updater and downloaded the updates for both of those.

4. I ran the Strike plug in content finder and can now boot that up.

5. I opened an old test session and I can hear a midi piano I recorded as a test on Pro Tools 8.

6. I can control my strike with my Midi Keyboard BUT

7. I can't hear Strike playing I can only see the midi keys being highlighted.

8. I can't hear any audio from my mics. My preamp is receiving signals from my AT Pro 37 condenser mic and is routed into Mic Channel 1 on the 002 Rack. Of course I unplugged my condenser mic and plugged it directly into each mic input on the rack with phantom power on and still nothing.

So to sum it up:

- Everything is up to date
- My instrument tracks are working with pre-recorded midi playing the mini grand Virtual Piano through my headphones

- I can't get an audio signal or hear any midi from Strike but I CAN get a signal when I play my Keystation through the Mini Grand app.

So the two problems I'm having are

Why can I not get an audio signal from my 002 rack?
Why can I see Strike working and work it with my midi keyboard but not hear anything?

Somebody please help. I've been at this for nearly three hours with absolutely no progress. For a longtime user this is getting very agitating
Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 AM

Default Re: 002 Pro Tools 8.0.3 No Audio Signal

Too add to the fun,

when I plug my guitar in the 1/4 inch jacks they work and I can hear everything.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Okay so here's where I'm at

I have now found out (through about fifteen different cable combinations) that one of the reasons for my lack of mic signal is because mic 2 input is now dead (surprise!! yay! ) but the 1/4 inch input is good. The other 3 mic inputs seem to be working

With Strike it's absolutely flooring me.

I can click on the preview of the drum patch and hear it loud and clear. I load the drum patch and try to play it either with my mouse or on my midi key board and it will start and stop it but I can't hear anything. I can see the keys blinking and it will stop and start but I still get no Audio.

What the hell!??
Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 AM

I did nothing differently and it started to work...sort of.

Clicked on the patch. Pressed play. Nothing happened.

Repeated. Same result.

Repeated. Same result.

Repeated. Same result.

Repeated. Started working.

Thanks to anyone who read this. Looks like I'm somewhat up and running.