Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Opening freezes at "Reactivating track monitor"

I have frequent difficulties when I try to re-open some sessions, and I can't figure out where they come from.
PT opens always fine on its own, but when it comes to open a session, I never know if it will open or not, whether I start from PT itself, then go through open procedure or I launch from the session file.

Sometimes it stops at "Activating inserts:..." naming one the tracks previously made. One other session is always freezing at the stage "reactivating track monitor", leaving me unable to restore none of my work.
I've just updated to 8.1.1, but the song remains the same. Tried to open from a backup file, I've put the plug-in into the unused folder, deleted the prefs...

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, and no evidence of any way to sort this out.
Some help required please.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Opening freezes at "Reactivating track monitor"

May I add that I tun PT8.1.1 within a PC :
- Gigabyte GA P55A-UD3
- i5@2,80 GHz with 8Go Ram
- Nvidia Ge7400
Hope it helps
Old 05-04-2012, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Opening freezes at "Reactivating track monitor"

I finally solved the problem on my own:

It appears that whether on opening and/or closing sessions, either PT or win or mac corrupt sometimes the "wave cache" file. I saw it on my previous systeme based on a G5-PPC, a friend of mine had similar behaviour with its G5-intel. I can't figure out if it comes from PT and/or OS file system. Disk management might be invoked too...

From years in such situation, I used to trash down the file, which was properly regenerated at a new opening, so did I repeatidly this time too. But it looks like "wave cache" contains critical infos now. They are definetely corrupted when it wheights 1ko in place of 100ko or more.

The solution is to look after the last correct wave cache and use it with the session backup file having exactly the same date/hour for a successful launch. Chance was I had trashed them...

From now on, I'll make sure to copy the good last wave cache file into the backup folder. Otherwise I have no idea on what to do to prevent such corruption...