Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 AM

Unhappy having difficulty with BF-2A and MC77 after the 8.x upgrade

After upgrading both my Mac and PC to M-Powered version 8, several plugins were unloaded from my system, so I set about getting them back in place. I downloaded the updated 8.0 versions for the Classic Compressors package including the Fairchild 660 and 670 and BF-2A and Purple MC77. Although I had originally purchased these individually at least 2 years ago, I had never run into any issues with them. Now, I cannot get BF-2A or MC77 to run. They keep requesting authorization, even though I've synced my iLok and it says that they have a non-expiring authorization. What gives? Also they request some kind of code that came on a card which I do not have. iLok says it's not their problem, it's Digidesign's. And while I left Digi a support message 2 days ago, they still have yet to get back to me.

1) has anyone else run into this problem?
2) is there a legal, legit fix other than repurchasing these items?

I admit, I use the BF-2A and MC77 less frequently now that I've got the 660 and 670; however as you may know they do each have a different yet pleasant sound.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Default Re: having difficulty with BF-2A and MC77 after the 8.x upgrade

You need the download on this page:
Bomb Factory Plug-in Updates for Pro Tools 8 — BF-2A, MC77, BF-3A, Fairchild 660/670

Bomb Factory Classic Compressors Bundle Update for Pro Tools 8
This updates version 6.x and 7.x of the Bomb Factory Classic Compressors bundle plug-ins (BF-2A and Purple Audio MC77) to version 8.0.
* These plug-ins use the "BF Classic Compressors v4" authorization on your iLok

Linked from the following page in the Downloads sections:
Fixes for Bomb Factory Plug-in Authorization on Pro Tools 8
www.digidesign.com/support/bf8
Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 AM

Default Re: having difficulty with BF-2A and MC77 after the 8.x upgrade

Thanks had the same problem.

Bomb Factory Plug-in Updates for Pro Tools 8 — BF-2A, MC77, BF-3A, Fairchild 660/670

Pro Tools 8 installs newer versions of some Bomb Factory plug-ins that may not work with your previous Bomb Factory "v4" iLok authorizations. This is because a new version of the Bomb Factory Classic Compressors Bundle was released along with Pro Tools 8.

The new version of the Classic Compressors released December 17, 2009 includes these plug-ins:

* BF-2A
* BF-3A
* Fairchild 660/670
* Purple Audio MC77

The previous Classic Compressors bundle included these 2 plug-ins:

* BF-2A
* Purple Audio MC77

Owners of the previous Classic Compressors do not receive the BF-3A or Fairchild Bundle plug-ins included in the new Classic Compressors bundle.

Because all of the plug-ins included in the new bundle are no longer sold individually, previous owners of the following plug-ins will need to download the installers below. These will install 8.0 versions of these plug-ins that will work with your Bomb Factory "v4" iLok authorizations from Digidesign.*