How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 03-25-2020, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes you can. Writing was on the wall 15 years ago when China and other asian countries chose to continue with their open air meat markets where they sell bats and dogs etc... SARS-CoV-1 on 2003 should have taught a lesson, but no. Maybe this time? If not we have SARS-CoV-3 in 10-15 years, mark my words.
You're absolutely right, but that was not what i meant!

What i mean is, that when companies become greedy and adjust their business model on how to get more for less, there are some factors that cannot be predicted, like a pandemy for example!

Back in 2012 (or earlier, don't know exactly when) when Avid was planning their Annual Plan model, did they thought that a universal pandemy will put on quarantine entire countries and freeze almost all the economic transactions in the future? No they didn't, no one could, but here we are!

They have lost user's trust these last years with their arrogance and greed motivated actions...
In the near future they will need people's support, but will get none, or very little to save them.......unless they rethink of that $hi++y model and come back to the usual. They deliver FIRST the goods and got the money after, if that "deliverance" worth it! Enough with this prunk already!

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
They have lost user's trust
They may have lost your trust, but you can only speak for yourself
Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
This made my day

Not too long ago the entry price to HD was 10 grand because it was tied to hardware. And whatever you have today beats that (8 analog i/o plus 8 digital i/o).
You have to compare, not just be in the Avid universe. It's like saying your country is the most beautiful in the world without going anywhere. It's beautiful patriotism if you will, but it's not good lighting.

From Cubase to Nuenco, it's less than twice the price.
From vanilla to HD, it's more than 3 times.
But it must be said that from Samplitude to Sequoia is 5 times (but with other software provided, Layers PRO and Soudforge Pro)!

Having said that, I understand the idea of the material for those who are with Avid on this point. But I would like to pay by duties. Let's just say for advanced automation functions, or just for object editing (even if it's still limited..)
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
They may have lost your trust, but you can only speak for yourself
Of course I speak for myself and being in contact with many others studio owners, i assure you they share the same sentiment, sad but true!

Let me alone, maybe you should also read other users's posts too...like the previous ones for example! I don't see much trust or confidence on these, but i might be wrong, cause i don't wear the Avid goggles.

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Tell me about it. We sold some old PT perpetual licenses, that were not in use anymore and decided to keep only one PT license and upgrade it to Ultimate. (I was totally against but my partner convinced me to do it and be done with it.)
Why? Just for one reason, compatibility with some clients and some colleagues who send us full sessions. This was the last £ we spent on PT though. Doesn't worth it from now on.

Studio One 4 is the DAW we decided to lean on, because it has a brighter future than PT for sure. It serves our needs way better than PT, especially for songwriting. The integration with Softube's Console 1 is brilliant and the workflow is just fantastic. Studio One has the best ARA2 integration for Melodyne and Vocalign, that makes vocal production just a breeze. I'm tired of PT's Audiosuite for these tasks...it's soooo 1999...Wait for Avid to support ARA is like watching grass growing and paying for that too...just ridiculous.

The current situation with COVID-19 has huge impact in the music business. Everything is on hold. The income from that services just disappeared for the time being and no one knows when things will get back to "normal" and if that ever happens, how many of us will be still on their feet?

That's why the subscription model is the worst POS for creative individuals IMO...perpetual is the only way to go, period!
If you stop paying due to the special circumstances we all live now, you're ****ed....but not only you...

This will affect companies like Avid which is in dept and with big financial issues for many years in a row. It seems like with this business model they have "dug their own grave"...you can't predict a pandemy, right? COVID is a b!tch... Maybe they should lower the fees if they want to stay afloat...otherwise the inevitable is approaching.

Cheers!
It's all true.

• Etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Let me alone, maybe you should also read other users's posts too...like the previous ones for example! I don't see much trust or confidence on these, but i might be wrong, cause i don't wear the Avid goggles.
Have you considered the possibility that those that have confidence in Avid and are making music have less time posting here?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Tell me about it. We sold some old PT perpetual licenses, that were not in use anymore and decided to keep only one PT license and upgrade it to Ultimate. (I was totally against but my partner convinced me to do it and be done with it.)
Why? Just for one reason, compatibility with some clients and some colleagues who send us full sessions. This was the last £ we spent on PT though. Doesn't worth it from now on.

Studio One 4 is the DAW we decided to lean on, because it has a brighter future than PT for sure. It serves our needs way better than PT, especially for songwriting. The integration with Softube's Console 1 is brilliant and the workflow is just fantastic. Studio One has the best ARA2 integration for Melodyne and Vocalign, that makes vocal production just a breeze. I'm tired of PT's Audiosuite for these tasks...it's soooo 1999...Wait for Avid to support ARA is like watching grass growing and paying for that too...just ridiculous.

The current situation with COVID-19 has huge impact in the music business. Everything is on hold. The income from that services just disappeared for the time being and no one knows when things will get back to "normal" and if that ever happens, how many of us will be still on their feet?

That's why the subscription model is the worst POS for creative individuals IMO...perpetual is the only way to go, period!
If you stop paying due to the special circumstances we all live now, you're ****ed....but not only you...

This will affect companies like Avid which is in dept and with big financial issues for many years in a row. It seems like with this business model they have "dug their own grave"...you can't predict a pandemy, right? COVID is a b!tch... Maybe they should lower the fees if they want to stay afloat...otherwise the inevitable is approaching.

Cheers!
You think studio One is superior to Cubase for the song?

• Etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
You think studio One is superior to Cubase for the song?
You think you can even compare Studio One or Cubase to Pro Tools
Old 03-25-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Have you considered the possibility that those that have confidence in Avid and are making music have less time posting here?
Since when confidence is measured with the number of posts in a forum???

Get serious my dear!

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Since when confidence is measured with the number of posts in a forum???

Get serious my dear!

Cheers!
Missed my point. Instead of being grumpy here you could make music and earn some $$$

Those people are not posting happy posts while having a coffee break.