Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Digi, Not the features, just the fixes for ppc users.

[QUOTE=Kenny Gioia;1524117]A refund makes sense from a logistical standpoint but I would bet that 99% of us don't want our $249 back. /QUOTE]

zactly
Quote:
Once we get to a paid upgrade, it makes a bit more sense to be cut off.
more zactly
Quote:
But you can't (or shouldn't) charge us a toll before entering the bridge, then put a fork in the road in the middle of that bridge for older cars that never gets us to the other side.
ZACTLY!!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Asking for the money back is purely an argument technique. Not a desire.
"argument technique", "principle" .... whatever it IS petty.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
What show stoppers are you all wailing about again?
Sean, how many HD systems do you own personally? Just curious, because it appears on your website that you don't actually own the facility where you work, and therefore you would not be having to spend your own money to upgrade the machines. Is that correct?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA4DTH View Post
My studio can just be a hobby for all you know. So please don't tell me Im playing in the wrong park.
ANYONE who owns a HD system is in the "HD park".
See that's just it, PTHD isn't a park! It's a country club, and they want their dues. The $249 isn't your DUES, silly! $249 is nowhere near enough to keep out the riff-raff. Let's talk $5000 every few years now that's more like dues.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 AM

Spice and Form, I still stand with what I am saying.

You guys don't belong to some stupid exclusive club because you own an hd system or two. Spicemix this isn't a country club and there are no stupid dues to pay. You can play make believe all you want in your "we are the elite club" but i wont.
......Also The difference in Digi and a country club are, A country club may NOT let you be a member even if you have the money to be , they really do as you said "keep out the rif raf"
.......Digi on the other hand will take any one's money who can afford and HD system. So my friend like it or not anyone who can afford an HD system is in your make believe country club.

I dont want my money back as Jim said. I want the fixes. If they wont give them to me, Hell Yes give me my money back. I will go buy nice dinner with it or something. I can tell you I have paid for my HD system a 1000 times over but thats not the point. I could care less about how much you make from your system or how many you own, I want the fixes for what I bought. That simple.

You people can call it silly or stupid or whatever you want but you are the problem with this entire country. You accept being taken advantage of, you accept mediocrity, you accept things like this (which is why some business's operate as they do ) I do not.
A company should stand behind what they sell. Not forever but finish what you sold me. If more people spoke out against the bad that companies do they would be forced to be better. There is a reason other countries in the world will and are surpassing us in just about every field.
The "American Way" is now Subpar, in business, eduction, government and evereything else.

I could care less if its a Dollar cheeseburger (with no cheese) , an HD system (that crashes alot) or a ferrari (with no engine) . I want what I paid for.

The only legit argument here is what one of the other posters said. The playlist view may be worth the upgrade charge, but not if it crashes from doing a shortcut to solo a track, that is some BS and should be fixed.

...And on another note, what if you did a mix for a client and he paid you for your best mix, or a really great mix job. Then nearing the mix completion you just decided well I have done enough. Can you just say to them "Sorry Client, you don't get reverb on that last vocal track, or eq on that last guitar track, You just have to live with it" . What if your client paid you for 5 hours and you gave him 4 1/2? Same concept, the client should get what he paid for. You people as a business owners wouldn't operate like that (hopefully) so why should digi.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I dont want my money back as Jim(i) said.
Quote:

???? hmmmm
well....
I want the fixes. If they wont give them to me, Hell Yes give me my money back. I will go buy nice dinner with it or something. I can tell you I have paid for my HD system a 1000 times over but thats not the point. I could care less about how much you make from your system or how many you own, I want the fixes for what I bought. That simple.
we are in one accord on this

bring back the American "good ol' days"

we deserve them

we shouldn't have to fight for them.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Spice and Form, I still stand with what I am saying.

You guys don't belong to some stupid exclusive club because you own an hd system or two. Spicemix this isn't a country club and there are no stupid dues to pay. You can play make believe all you want in your "we are the elite club" but i wont.
......Also The difference in Digi and a country club are, A country club may NOT let you be a member even if you have the money to be , they really do as you said "keep out the rif raf"
.......Digi on the other hand will take any one's money who can afford and HD system. So my friend like it or not anyone who can afford an HD system is in your make believe country club.
I actually don't own an HD rig. I am mocking the people that do, in fact, view HD as a "symbol of professionalism" whose excessive price "keeps out the riff-raff." I can pull up some quotes from the ones brazen enough to post that openly.

There are an awful lot of people like this. At least 25% and maybe 50% of HD owners view it as an exclusive club they paid to join. This may also give them a sense of entitlement about it, as one may see in a country club when the nouveau riche are shocked at dues increases.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Well I agree that anyone who posts something like that is ridiculous.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
There are an awful lot of people like this. At least 25% and maybe 50% of HD owners view it as an exclusive club they paid to join. This may also give them a sense of entitlement about it, as one may see in a country club when the nouveau riche are shocked at dues increases.
That's kinda the posture and opinion of the NON HD owner on the HD owner

I think (at least i know this one is) the HD owners are busy at their craft to be spending too much time at the caddy shack.

It's a bit of a stretch.....

I mean this IS the HD forum.

and we hopefully would treasure the help we get from other HD cats.

and those "others" (certainly not considered "less-thans" with PT software tips and tricks etc.....

and seemingly all are welcome here....

just brother helping out another brother would be the hope

don'tcha think?

with the occasional pink elephant rant?

Happy New Year guys...

Old 01-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
...bring back the American "good ol' days"...
Be careful what you wish for!

I can remember when I lived at the top of Peter Gotcher's [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] list for griping in public about digi's propensity for releasing vaporware. Avid fixed that problem. Most of the competition hasn't.

And as for HD users, I'm a guy who "downgraded" from TDM to LE and lately to M-powered. When I need HD features, I go rent a studio because I also need a console, a hundred grand worth of mikes, a comfortable control room and great acoustics.