Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Default Would you have bought M-Powered instead?

Given the larger selection of hardware options available with the M-Audio gear, would any of the Mbox 2 users have gone the M-Powered way instead. If not, I'd be interested in your reasons.

I am buying my first Pro Tools setup and have been looking at the Mbox 2 mini as I will use a separate mixer for input. ( I do realize the 2 input limit even with the mixer when using the mini )

Looking at the upgrade path though it seems as though I may be making a mistake with the mini as there seems to be several upgrade options available at different price points with M-powered. With the Digi stuff you pretty much go from the Mbox 2 options to the Digi 003 and that's it.

The mini is bottom line the cheapest way for me to get into pro tools, but the M-Powered version would get me into a firewire 96khz interface cheaper than the Digi options.

Any input would be appreciated as I am starting to feel bogged down with options.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-09-2008, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Would you have bought M-Powered instead?

I'd recommend getting a used 002 Rack, then when you can afford it, send it in to Black Lion to get it modded. I just got my 002 console modded by them, and it's awesome. I only wish I had the rack version so I could've gotten the HD mod. And today I just got an email from them announcing a new "Signature" mod for the 002...rack version only