Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Default "Buss" and "Plug in" words grayed out...

Hello and greetings from Packerland...yes...the Vikes beat us today...

Quick question that I can't find anything on in the FAQ and Search...

First...

# Computer model and processor speed---iMac 2.4 Ghz (Pre duel core intel)
# OS version---OSX
# Pro Tools version---7.0
# Amount of RAM installed---4 gig
# Any attached peripherals (hard drives, video devices, other firewire or USB devices that may be attached, etc)---one firewire 80 gig Glyph
two internal...

I created a new track, Aux/Mono...and then in the mix window went to the Input, Mic/Line 1-4 Analogue 5-6...and wanted to buss an inserted mono D-verb...but the Buss and Plug in buttons/tabs/whatever are grayed out...why?

Thank you very much,
amba
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 AM

Default Re: "Buss" and "Plug in" words grayed out...

Try resetting the default I/O (under the set-up tab).

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Thank you Phil,

I did try this earlier but with no luck...got the descending L R "Stairs" in the grid on the right...going all the way down...i.e. 1-2 2-3 etc to 31-32...all stereo on the Bus selection...another curious thing is if I check the little triangle that expands on 1-2 through 15-16, they don't expand...and when I click the little triangle on the 17-18 etc to 31-32, the triangle will expand and open to e.g. bus 31-32 and expand to mono 31 and mono 32 with an M in the grid...

This I/O setup doesn't allow me to bus in the mix window to anything but 17-32...hmmmm.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM

If you reset the I/O to "default" as Phil mentioned, it should go back to normal. You may have to delete the bad paths first in order to avoid duplicates, but the default button should bring everything back to the factory settings.

You can also try deleting prefs and the other basic steps covered in the "General Troubleshooting" thread.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Success...

Phil and Slim...

First off, thank you both for your help...

because I did trash my prefs earlier...no help so I did hit the default button for input, output, insert and bus separately...and had no success, so then I simply went into each on, e and deleted all the paths...then I went back and hit the default button for each one, input, output, insert and bus...that did it...

Thank you again...great place...I look forward to contributing and learning from all of you!

Happy composing, tracking, editing, mixing and mastering...

Best,
amba