How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 03:09 AM

Default Pro Tools Studio Teacher/Student Perpetual

I am looking for a Teacher/Student Perpetual EDU license to replace the institution one I was initially sold by Sweetwater. I was sold a perpetual institution license by Sweetwater that I paid for personally using my Sweetwater card, but when I went to purchase an upgrade I was told by them that the school I work for has to purchase the upgrade. Sweetwater refuses to rectify the situation even though they acknowledge the rep sold me the wrong license then tried to tell me to take it up with Avid and see if they could transfer my institution license to the teacher/student license. However, one Avid representative told me the only option would be to upgrade to a standard license then when it’s time to renew my support I could transfer from the standard to a teacher/student EDU license just to be told by another rep yesterday that this wouldn’t be possible and my only option would be to buy a new license.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio Teacher/Student Perpetual

Closing this duplicate thread. Original one in licensing section.