Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM

Default Having issues linking Cntrl 24

I know this is a setting issue, I am able to get the console online, sometimes, after trashing pref's etc... then sometimes it will not see it.. I go to Peripherals and it cannot locate the console.. its saying "Error occured while tryihng to load the controller personality "Contrl24".. I did a clean uninstall of PT's and reloaded it. I had a guy over last nite and he spent about 4 hrs trying to figure this out... he seemed to think its a clocking issue with my Rosetta 800 and my 192... I am clocking through the Rosetta.. anyone have any thoughts? thanks. oh yeah, I have replaced the ethernet cable.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Having issues linking Cntrl 24

Tim,
Did you try making the 192 the master clock instead of the Rosetta? Reverse the word clock cables. Be aware that the W/C in on the Rosetta is unterminated. Properly terminating a W/C connection requires putting a 75-ohm resistor on the last device in the W/C signal chain. Just a thought.

BTW, I've run PT with a Rosetta 800 for YEARS clocked thru Big Ben and it was as steady as anything out there. The W/C in on the Big Ben is terminated. Not sure why Apogee did not terminate the same on the Rosetta . I've since changed to the 192 with PT10 and use the Rosetta for everything other than PTs.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Having issues linking Cntrl 24

I suspect you are barking up the wrong tree here. Control24 communicates over ethernet and I would be looking at your network card/port, cat5 cable(which I see you have swapped) or network settings. Its also possible, given the issues with power supplies, that maybe the voltage or current to the PC board in the Control24 is not up to spec, which could cause that circuit to not function(maybe open the unit and reseat all the connections to that PCB).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave