Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2008, 04:38 AM

Default MBOX DI BOXES THE QUESTION REPEATED

This may sound like a very silly question but i see there is a light for DI box on my front panel of my interface . maybe it is me but does that mean that there is an internal DI box built into MBOX PRO 2 when switched on, or do i still need to buy a seperate DI box to plug into this interface and the light is just representative of on and off mode, as on page 31 of the manual it gives no idea. Please let me know if there is any documentation about this in Digidesign as they are totally unclear about this issue as far as i am concerned.I am also confused with the condenser mic which is an SE microphone that came with its own seperate pre amp box, does that mean i still need to press the phantom power button on the MBOX or is it powered enough by the magic box alone, i find it all rather confusing. I do realise the theory behind DI boxes but my question is do i need the DI box or is the DI BOX already built inside the MBOX PRO itself

Patrick
Old 05-11-2008, 01:47 PM

Default yes there are DIs

from p. 31 of the "Getting Started..." pdf:

Quote:
DI Inputs
Front panel DI connectors are provided for input channels 1 and 2, to connect electric guitar,
electric bass, and similar instruments.

Mic/DI Source Selectors and LEDs
These switches select either the Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS) inputs or DI inputs for each channel.
The DI and Mic LEDs indicate the current source input.