Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Avid Support ExpertPlus contract.....wheres the support?...

And even though the support team gave my problem a second chance it didn’t get any better. I sent in reports of my system and the crashes but all I was supposed to do was create a new start disk, update to the latest version of PT and some other casual support tips. Maybe my expectations are too high but I hoped the expert support would give me any personal advice regarding my setup. To me this is still very disappointing.

Best

Mark
Old 08-07-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
...all I was supposed to do was create a new start disk, update to the latest version of PT and some other casual support tips...
Sorry for the ongoing trouble. You mentioned that Disk Utility found errors, so a fresh start disk would be a normal suggestion. The point about PT wasn't just update to the latest, they pointed out there seemed to be older files leftover from 10.3.8 so they recommended a clean uninstall then a reinstall of 10.3.10. I'll add your post to the case to let them know it's still unresolved.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Hey,
just to inform you: I had an issue with a HD Native system regarding MIDI input. It doesn’t work in some sessions but in new ones and some others.
The support problem repeats: We started with some standard procedure - it didn’t help. I sent in two sessions one with working MIDI the other one without. They told they will investigate and I didn’t get an answer for more than a week. Next answer was again some standard procedure not saying a word about the sessions.
I answered and asked about the results of the session investigation. No answer so far.
To me it seems like when you come to the point where real work is required you get lost.
I‘m very disappointed and don’t see what this support is good for...

Best

Mark
Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 AM

Today I got the answer. No word about the session investigation. They said my old rusty Unitor 8 of Emagic is an unsupported piece and seems like the main culprit. BTW: Unitor8 works with Logic, Audio MIDI Setup and Pro Tools. With Logic and Audio MIDI Setup it works all the time. In Pro Tools there are a few sessions that don't get MIDI input although the setup is the same as with all other sessions.
Like I said yesterday, it seems to me they try to get rid of you the easiest way. Can you call that customer care? Does that encourage you to buy a new upgrade and support plan?

Best

Mark
Old 03-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Understand your disappointment, though according to the Unitor8 manual there is specific code in the driver for Logic so that could be the difference here. It's also a challenge to support untested/obsolete third party hardware. I'll check in to see if anything significant was found between the 2 sessions, but in the meantime... does Import Session Data from a non-working session into a new one allow it to work?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Understand your disappointment, though according to the Unitor8 manual there is specific code in the driver for Logicso that could be the difference here. I'll check in to see if anything significant was found between the 2 sessions, but in the meantime... does Import Session Data from a non-working session into a new one allow it to work?

Thanks for your answer jeffro. To answer your question: Import Session Data does not work if I try to import a working MIDI or Instrument Track to a non-working session. I didn’t try it the other way around so far but will do so tomorrow.
I guess the specific code for Logic is long gone, especially with Logic Pro X.
I‘m confused how the MIDI setup can be session dependent.

Best

Mark
Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
...Import Session Data does not work if I try to import a working MIDI or Instrument Track to a non-working session. I didn’t try it the other way around so far but will do so tomorrow.
Look forward to the results of this.
Quote:
I guess the specific code for Logic is long gone, especially with Logic Pro X.
My understanding from the user manual was that it's in the driver but it's possible that there's code in Logic that has changed or been removed?
Quote:
I‘m confused how the MIDI setup can be session dependent.
I'm with you, but again with this being an older device there might just be too much unknown to effectively troubleshoot or identify a root cause. Hopefully the Import Session Data gives us another clue or could provide a workaround to at least make some progress. Really appreciate your patience and sorry for the frustration.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
... does Import Session Data from a non-working session into a new one allow it to work?
No, I tested it. But at the same time MIDI Input into the app Audio MIDI Setup works.

Best

Mark
Old 03-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
No, I tested it. But at the same time MIDI Input into the app Audio MIDI Setup works.

Best

Mark
Very strange if a new session that's working no longer sees MIDI after importing session data from an older session. I'll add that to the case notes, though the older hardware (Unitor8) really makes troubleshooting difficult.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Thanks jeffro,
but what I tested was the other way around if I understand you right. I imported a MIDI Track from a non working session into a new created one. And it still does not get MIDI In. That’s what you‘ve asked for, didn’t you?

Best

Mark