Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2019, 09:11 AM

Default Sync audio clip to timeline cursor position?

I'm stuck trying to do what must be a simple task in Pro Tools but I haven't been able to work it out so advice from more experienced operators would be gratefully received.

I want to sync a sound effect audio clip to a specific video frame, for example an explosion. I have a video track with burnt in timecode, aligned with timecode in the main timeline counter. I've first marked a sync point on the audio clip and have then scrubbed the timeline so that the playback cursor is at the timecode position and the video frame I'm trying to sync to is showing in the video window. How then to I snap the audio clip to the playback cursor?

I know in SPOT MODE I can double click on the clip to open the spot dialog box and enter a timecode position manually but that seems very slow.

This must be bread and butter for postproduction so is there a standard workflow for this, for example some command that would "move sync point of audio clip to current timecode position in timeline" or some other method.

Thanks for any input
Old 10-25-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Sync audio clip to timeline cursor position?

Sorry to waste time and space on the forum but I've got it.

I can click on the audio clip with the grabber tool holding down the modifiers

CONTROL
CONTROL+COMMAND or
CONTROL +SHIFT

to move the front, back and sync point position of the clip to the cursor position.