Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-08-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Latency or 12.8

So having this problem in pt 12.8 (not blaming the program) I went back to a session for a client to record some over dubs had a horrible latency problem.i closed the session and reopen it holding control N and still had the problem went to a blank session and the problem was SOLVED.any one ever have this happen to them. I made sure I had the low latency was checked hw buffer size set to 64.thank you for your time
Old 07-09-2017, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Latency or 12.8

Several possible sources, so start by showing Delay Compensation(View>Mix windows shows>delay compensation). Look at the numbers(bottom row is total compensation). What is the bottom number, and is it the same on all tracks? If its NOT the same for all, what is the highest number. There is an odd bug in PT that can apply nearly 2000 samples of erroneous compensation if you have an AUX send on a track and the send has no actual destination. Make all sends inactive and if the numbers change, look for a send that is a "dead end".

The Master track(whether you have one showing will likely show its own numbers as it is not compensated(and generally doesn't need to be). But if you derive your headphone mix from the main mix, and you have plugins on the master that have lots of latency(like a mastering limiter), that latency could be what you are hearing.

For newbies, plugin delay compensation works by looking for the track with the most latency and making all other tracks LATE by the same number of samples. IOW, it doesn't make latency go away, it simply makes everything late by the same amount

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave