Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 AM

Default MIDI Plug-In Automation Doesn\'t Display. HELP!

Hi

I've just stumbled accross what I beleive to be a bug but if it isn't I would be greatful for some help.

Here's the situation...

When I record plug-in automation via my MIDI controller, the plug-in interface controls move accordingly and the automation is indeed recorded (I can hear it upon playback) BUT there will be no change to the black automation line in the relevant automation track view.

Of course this makes recording plug-in automation vie MIDI controller completely useless as there is no way to go back and adjust the automation performance by moving automation break points (because there are none displayed....even though the automation was recorded).

Now heres the confusing part. If I do the exact same thing, except instead of automating via the MIDI controller I do it on the plug-in interface with the mouse, the black automation line WILL display my performance in the relevant automation track view.

Note that if I am controlling the Pro Tools interface with my MIDI controller, automation is displayed accordingly. It is only a problem with plug-ins.

If someone could help me out here it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
1GB RAM
2 X Seagate Barracuda 80GB HDD
Novation Remote SL MIDI Controller