How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Default frequency analyzer?

I want to view the various tracks of my session through a visual display like a parametric equalizer has, or for instance the Windows Media Player screen that has bars that rise and fall, according to the frequency (the Windows Media Player screen doesn't tell you what frequency each bar is, though).

I want to see where most of the activity or information is on each track, so I can attenuate certain frequencies to allow other tracks to dominate that range. For instance, if the organ has a lot of sound in the 1k range, and I need to lessen it so the vocals can use that space. But the organ might have most of its load in a different frequency, say the one needed for the trombones to stand out. I wouldn't know what frequency is dominated by what instrument (track) unless I can actually analyze and see what is going on.

I want to do this for all of my tracks: trumpets, rhythm guitar, bass patch, etc.

Is there a plug in that will display the frequencies playing through the sound card, so that I may discern what the content of that particular wave file is, and decide whether to notch certain frequencies? I couldn't find anything on line like that.