Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2018, 04:03 AM

Default Collaboration through Pro Tools Cloud

Okay... I have a MAJOR problem with Syntronik and I was wondering if I could collaborate through PTCloud and show him/her the problems in real time?

A reputable company like IKmultimedia would have access to PTCloud wouldn't they?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Collaboration through Pro Tools Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleonard View Post
Okay... I have a MAJOR problem with Syntronik and I was wondering if I could collaborate through PTCloud and show him/her the problems in real time?

A reputable company like IKmultimedia would have access to PTCloud wouldn't they?

Thanks
This depends of course on whether the companies have a PT version that uses Cloud Collaboration. And as far as getting help from IKMM - very difficult it is to quote Yoda. Their tech support is basically clueless (experience talking here). You'll never get support from them in real time.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:22 AM

I'm afraid you don't understand how Online Collaboration works. Both sides have to have the same plugins, of course the tracks can be frozen but that won't work for what you troubleshooting. Also, OC is not a screen sharing software like Team Viewer, what's usually used for direct technical support is Team Viewer. You should give it a try.

Edit. Jack beat me by a few seconds, he's right about IK tech support being usually clueless, I haven't been able to use AT standalone for years.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:39 AM

I have had nothing but problems with this (will not retain settings - when I load song up - all the settings are different ), it is like a 'lucky dip'... some sounds save and others are intermittent and erratic - when they do save. I have never come across anything like it in my life! (it even took 8 hours to download the samples )

THEY want me to use a thing called 'LICEcap'

Is this procedure?

Last edited by jamesleonard; 03-25-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleonard View Post
I have had nothing but problems with this (will not retain settings - when I load song up - all the settings are different ), it is like a 'lucky dip'... some sounds save and others are intermittent and erratic - when they do save. I have never come across anything like it in my life! (it even took 8 hours to download the samples )

THEY want me to use a thing called 'LICEcap'

Is this procedure?
First off - I'm guessing that 'they' is IKMM right?
Second - a simple Google search turned up this: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/ brought to you by the same people that do Reaper. It captures/does animated screen captures.
Third - procedure for what? For submitting something to IKMM? It may be part of their procedure but never heard about that. Then again as has been written IKMM tech support isn't all that great. Have you posted about this in the IK forums?

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
First off - I'm guessing that 'they' is IKMM right?
Second - a simple Google search turned up this: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/ brought to you by the same people that do Reaper. It captures/does animated screen captures.
Third - procedure for what? For submitting something to IKMM? It may be part of their procedure but never heard about that. Then again as has been written IKMM tech support isn't all that great. Have you posted about this in the IK forums?
Thanks musicman691,

I like to 'run-it-through' with the 'DUC clique' - because I know they are up-to-date on everything out there!