Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Default Pro tools SE Latency

Hi guys!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Pro tools SE Latency

You do not provide enough clear information for people to really help you.

What exact interface do you have? Find a link online to product page or photo of your device and post it here.

Still nothing? Still nothing what? The thing is working at all or not?

Latentcy is not distortion. You need to describe exactly what problem you are having. Is it distortion, maybe click or pops, hiss, humming, clipping? Be precise or is it just latentcy (what you hear delayed by a fraction of a second), or do you have latency and distortion?

When you say you try to change the buffer size and it goes back, exactly what are you changing where and how are you determining it "goes back".

What are all the Setup>playback engine settings?

Changing to a microphone or the microphone type will not change the sample rate. That comment makes no sense.

Have you worked though the basic tutorials with Pro Tools SE.. there are some good video tutorials on YouTube.

What guitar? Electric or acoustic? how are you recording that? e.g. micing a guitar cab? micing the acoustic guitar? plugging in the the electric guitar directly? if going in direct are you running a guitar amp sim plugin? If the later is the latency on the dry or wet signal or both?

What exactly is going on with the track?, What plugin are you using? Start with no plugins and just one track, what happens?

Darryl
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM

What I (and I suspect other folks here) need to know were all the thing I asked, both to diagnose the problem, or to suggest troubleshooting steps or fixes, but you don't seem to want to provide much of that.

Pro Tools SE is a mistake. It is a cheap (you have not spent any real money yet) and severely crippled dead-end, non-upgradable, product that retains lots of the complexity of it's high-end pro technical core. Avid should not have bothered because many of its purchasers have no clue what they are doing and/or they expect a consumer product that will "just work" and they seem unable to open a manual.

The latency affecting buffer size that really matters is in the Pro Tools Setup>Playback Engine setting, (I wanted to know what it says even if you are trying to change settings in the driver panel not in the app) as are parameters that likely affect things like clicks and pops. Lots of clicks and pops/distortion issues are due to running out of plugin processing power (oh wait, CPU plugin allocation is also set in the Playback Engine dialog panel...), but since you don't want to answer any questions about that panel or the plugins in use, you will have to try to sort out those potential issues yourself. Dude--start with the "Help us help you--Read this before posting" link on this web page, and all the helpful links it contains, manuals are on Avid's web site in PDF format if you don't have them already.

If you don't want to provide information when asked for by other users here who try to help you, you can contact Avid support--the only way to do this is by phone and this requires you to purchase an ASC or use a complementarity ASC that might have been included with your product, more info at http://www.avid.com/us/support/support-contact.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM

Your pretty when you get upset
Old 03-10-2013, 03:34 AM

Hey baby! Just wanted to say thanks for the help, I got it sorted all by myself and none of your comments helped in any way at all. But thanks for trying sweetheart I would like to lick you in the ears for all you trouble xoxox not so annoyed anymore Gimme a kissy wissy! Mwah mwah!!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM

I spent time trying to help you, mostly trying to get any clear info about what you were doing and you could not provide simple things asked for. And for some reason you seem to think its necessary to hide all your past posts by editing and deleting them, but yes I'd be embarrassed as well. And if you wanted to help other users here you could have left up the problem description and posted what your solution actually was.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 AM

Nawww silly poo! its ok sweetheart, They will find their own way just like I did. If they don't they got a smart little buttercup like you too help them. Smart little sassball tehehe