Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-08-2016, 12:48 AM

Default Pro Tools 12 Perpetual and Subscription ( Please Help )

I'm new here so here I go with my rant - Thanks in advance guys, hope someone can help.

I have a Perpetual licence for Pro Tool 12 which I am using at home and had a Subscription on another ILOK which i was using off site on a project. I figured I don't want to lose my main ilok.

Anyway,

I saw that there was an update of 12.6 which I believed was a normal update so I downloaded it off site, on a break while working on the project and installed and activated it on my ilok thinking Ill do the same at home on the Perpetual ilok.

few days later my subscription ran out and thought well I don't need that anymore as the project I was working on away from home had finished.

So I tried running the update on my main ilok and low and behold it wont allow me to authorize because 12.6 isn't an update but a new version of Pro tools. So in essence my licence has already been activated on the subscription ilok?? I subsequently looked at my account and both 12.6 downloads have different ID's.

Surely there is a way to transfer 12.6 from the subscription to my perpetual version.

Can someone shed some light as to what i need to do to get this fixed? I'm frustrated that there isn't a damm avid email address to state my case. It feels like I have to jump through hoops to talk to someone.

Can someone help me here - Maybe I'm just not understanding the process.

PLEASE help!

Kind Regards,
John