Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2015, 12:20 PM

Default WOW this is the Coolest Ever!!! Roli Rise

Saw this on Utube and ordered one the same minute!!! Yeah a bit pricey but the thing is AMAZEBALLS!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAq6ZWYIDrA

You can use it with your own VI aswell as the Equator that it ships with! Imagine the posibilities here

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SeaboardR-25

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-18-2015, 12:08 AM

Default Re: WOW this is the Coolest Ever!!! Roli Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
AMAZEBALLS!!!

The nifty note-bending immediately grabbed my ears!

Don’t know if it’s “waterproof” or not – but it certainly looks like it could be. Now, that’d be a boon for late-night beverage-dwellers …
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Saw this on Utube and ordered one the same minute!!! Yeah a bit pricey but the thing is AMAZEBALLS!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAq6ZWYIDrA

You can use it with your own VI aswell as the Equator that it ships with! Imagine the posibilities here

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SeaboardR-25
Interesting they have a 25 note version; all I've seen is the larger version (Grand Stage) that Jordan Rudess is flogging for Sweetwater which goes for $3000 US. Neat concept but I have to wonder how long that will last and how long before the keyboardist starts developing issues with their fingers/hands.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2015, 06:18 AM

We have the 25 key version and as it is a very nice rubber surface no fingers will get damaged

All 4 of us here are pianists and have been schooled in classical playing and jazz for the past 20 years, i started when i was 9 so as a serious player I live the slide and tap functions A LOT

Albeit is will never (IMHO) replace a standard 88 weighted keyboard, just a cool compliment as the effects you can do very easy is awesome. Works great with NI Kontakt libraries and the things you can do with strings and basses for example are mindblowing!! Just played around with a few 8DIO guitars and strings and I have to say I was in awe over the slides and hits you can do on the Rise.

We thought about getting the Larger version but as we don't know yet how they will be supported we opted for the $799 version.

The sounds of the Equator soundmodule is not that great and will hopefully be built upon with better sounds. Most of the demos I seen are 3rd party libraries as the sounds included are very basic and aimed at live playing in the grass on a sunny afternoon Not for pop music at all so thank God it works with a lot of other VI's.

Hopefully it isn't going to be just a gimmick and that Roli takes this further and develops more sizes and features.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————