Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Default Pro Tools First keeps losing signal

Hi everyone,

today I got my Scarlette focusrite 18i20 USB audio interface (2gen).

I installed the drivers for windows and when I launched Pro Tools First everything work just fine.

But after a minute, the signal just disappers and I don't hear sounds any longer.

I can see that my audio interface is getting signal, it only doesn't come trough for some reason.

I have to restart Pro Tools then, but than it's the same thing. Everything works fine, but after a minute Pro Tools sort of crashes.

I hope I have been clear to you all.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First keeps losing signal

Hello and welcome to the forum.
As a general rule of thumb, make sure you read through the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find general setup, optimization and troubleshooting tips.

Also, make sure that Windows is not using your audio interface as its main sound device. It's best to go into your Windows audio setup and choose Do Not Use for the Scarlet for all inputs and outputs. Once that is done, restart your computer and see if PT will hold onto the interface longer.

If general troubleshooting and device setup doesn't work, please post more detailed system information and we can try to help you out.

System Details