Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Question Sound coming through internal speakers

So I may not be the first to post this but I'm having a strange problem. Yesterday, I updated from ProTools 7 to ProTools 9. I downloaded all of the proper drivers and installed them all and got my iLok working properly and all that jazz. Yesterday I did some editing for school and all was great!. After I finished I unplugged my computer and moved it for some other work elsewhere not with ProTools. Today, I plugged my iLok and my Mbox 2 into my computer to do some more editing and suddenly, no matter how I set up my computers I/O settings in ProTools or just in the computer, I cannot get the sound to go through the Mbox. It continues to come through the Internal Speakers. I'm worried about this because when I get back to school, I have some beautiful Adam A7s that I got for my birthday that I want to use and I don't know if they will if the Mbox isn't working properly with ProTools. Someone please help me figure out what's going wrong!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Exclamation Re: Sound coming through internal speakers

Also, upon looking closely at the Aggregate I/O settings, the Audio MIDI Setup is saying the the Mbox has 0 in and 0 out. That doesn't seem right as it should have 2 in and 1 out, right?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Sound coming through internal speakers

Did you select your Mbox as your "Current Engine" under the Playback Engine settings?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Sound coming through internal speakers

yeah, i restarted my comp and it works now. strange...