Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2017, 05:36 AM

Default now Waves plugins won't load at all.

Guys, I swear this might be the last leg of my journey with Pro Tools. This last upgrade has had so many problems I don't know if I can do it any more. I'm just depressed about it now even if I have been using PT since 2002. The plugins I use the most are Waves.

I upgraded to 10.3.10, started getting intermittent instances where the Waves plugs wouldn't load. It said I didn't have a license but I do. Restart Pro Tools and there they are. But who wants to have to restart PT every time they go to another session?

So I uninstalled all the Waves plugs and Waves Central, and installed Waves Central 9.6 as suggested. Everything seemed to have installed just fine, but when I opened PT it skipped loading Waves, and nothing loaded. Every single one of my sessions that has Waves plugins on it is just a bunch of blank slots.

I worked with it for a long time, rebooting the whole computer, starting and restarting PT, uninstalling and reinstalling Waves and nothing at all would work.

So then I gave up and restored the computer to a couple of days ago thinking at least that I could continue to work on something at at least. Only one problem, Waves still won't load into PT even after restoring. The plugins are there - I can see them in explorer, but they will not load.

I'm really trying to be calm and not have a meltdown, but I've had issues now for two weeks after five years of flawless performance, and ten years of flawless performance on my previous system (which still works btw). I just don't understand how this could be happening.

Please, anyone help me.

Kind words of assurance will also help. I need to know that this can be fixed. I'm not an IT guy. I know enough about computers to be dangerous, but that's it. I just want to get back to making music.

PS - I do have a ticket in with Waves too, but so far all he told me to do was back my license up to a jump drive. I'm not too sure they understand my problem.