Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 07:30 AM

Default Wheel assignment not working

Hi all

I'm using the following software with my Pro Tools Dock

Logic Pro X 10.3.1
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
Eucon 3.6
Latest firmware on Dock (1.1.18.0)

I'm trying to use the wheel for some alternate purposes then what comes with the default app set for Logic.

But from what I can tell, when I change or assign a wheel command Eucon Settings never updates with the new command. A good example is the default Shuttle button. If I try and assign any other wheel command or a custom wheel command the UI in settings on the left side never updates. I can close/open/save/restart Eucon but the updates aren't saving at all.

Please advise if I'm doing something wrong. I also followed Anthony_Anz's excellent tutorial for creating custom wheel commands to create a wheel command but again, assigning that wheel command to a button doesn't work and nothing updates. Note that in Anthony's video whenever he assigned a new wheel command to a key, you can see that the Wheel command changes in the left command list area to show whatever he just chose on the wheel command options. In fact even assigning another totally different built in wheel command to the button never updates the settings UI nor does it work...Clicking shuttle and moving the wheel simply does Shuttle no matter what is assigned to the button. See attached screenshot where you can see that I've selected my custom wheel command but the left side still remains with Shuttle showing. I've tried various drop downs of Jog and Shuttle and nothing works (BTW why isn't EuCon application smart enough to only show the attached hardware when assigning custom commands????).

Please advise if anyone knows if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg key_assignment_fail.jpg (24.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Wheel assignment not working

Another weird bug is I saw Eddies suggestion to run the clean script and retry for a different issue so I followed the instructions from the Avid KB link he provided. I uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled, restarted my computer and when I went into Eucon, selected a button to edit and add a Wheel command my "WHEEL TEST" custom wheel command was still there. How can that be? I confirmed that all the preference files were in my trash and emptied the trash before I reinstalled/restarted too.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Avid

The Softkey Appsets are not trashed for safety's sake.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Avid

I'm at NAB show this week so can't look into this at the moment but will be able to next week. I'll PM you to get your Appset then so I can look at it. (message me if I forget...there's a lot going on)
Old 04-24-2017, 12:10 PM

Hey Mike, I think I'm experiencing something similar with Eucon v3.6 trying to use my trim edit mod in Adobe Premiere. I've been a bit busy the past few days with a new PC build but I'll report my scenario later tonight when I get a chance to test it again.. I don't want to type anything that's incorrect but I think you're not alone...
Old 04-30-2017, 08:50 AM

Hey Mike, so I had a chance to mess around with this. While I don't have an issue re-assigning the shuttle button, I do seem to have a similar issue trying to re-assign the automation buttons. Specifically in Adobe Premiere. There is no doubt that 3.6 touched the automation buttons because they addressed the ALT button issue. Perhaps not being able to re-assign the automation buttons just comes with the territory of those buttons functioning as advertised??? I dunno.

But, in your situation, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to re-assign the Shuttle button. Have you noticed this change in v3.6 or has it always been this way?
Old 04-30-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtrip View Post
Another weird bug is I saw Eddies suggestion to run the clean script and retry for a different issue so I followed the instructions from the Avid KB link he provided. I uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled, restarted my computer and when I went into Eucon, selected a button to edit and add a Wheel command my "WHEEL TEST" custom wheel command was still there. How can that be? I confirmed that all the preference files were in my trash and emptied the trash before I reinstalled/restarted too.

Mike, the location for the appset files on a mac should be here (based on AVID's website)
/Library/ApplicationSupport/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root/

rename the logic .xml file to .bak so you don't completely wipe out your settings. do your testing with the default softkeys. When you want to revert back just rename back to .xml

if you rename the xml to .bak and restart EUCON and then restart Logic it SHOULD recreate the default softkeys. At least under windows it seems to work that way...
Old 05-02-2017, 10:22 AM

I'm having a samilar issue in PT.... it is not possible to assign the wheel using certain buttons on the dock...

At first I thought that the update to Eucon 3.6 wiped all my custom button commands, but I later realised that they were still mapped, they were just not functioning correctly due to bugs in Eucon 3.6

For instance I cannot assign ZOOM H button to any custom function for the wheel (clip gain, adjust clip front boundary etc).
If I assign it to one of these it has absolutely no effect, the button will only function as Zoom H.... this goes for its shifted value also.... I have only tested this button so I don't know how many other buttons this applies to also.

Question for avid peeps: can I rollback to Eucon 3.5 with the updated Pro Tools | Control App v.3.6.0?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Avid

I have reproduced this here and have software engineers looking at it. Unfortunately there is no way to roll back the iPad App. Hopefully I can get this fixed ASAP and get you an early build of 3.6.1 (this week)
Old 05-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Avid

Looks like this is Mac only, anyone seeing this on PC ?