Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Tired of the problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyhmesis View Post
Arent you supposed to be more "professional" from now on?..;-)
yeahppp

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-01-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Hate that ur havin issues Jim & get ur frustration but I guess u wanna keep it that way; & using a computer from a well known company doesn't hold water...
That and every other defense of this program is [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].

It's 2010. Computers didn't come out yesterday. But Pro Tools did.

These lockups, noise blasts and restarts don't happen with any other DAW that I've tried.

Telling me " a computer from a well known company doesn't hold water" is like an insurance company asking what angle the sun was in in the sky before they agree to pay me. Wake up. LE in today's state is junk. Stop defending it.

The real truth is that this is an old piece of code, now being developed offshore, that keeps getting face lifts but no real code rewrite to keep up with today's technology.

The interseting thing is that some of the responders to my first post are now members on the Reaper forum. Don't tell me they're not frustrated too.

It's ridiculous. And getting worse every day.

Yet again no response from them.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
In fact the computers from most of the better known companies are notoriously poor for Pro Tools. The custom builds are the best way to go.
Absolutley ridiculous.

You're selling your product in Best Buy but it won't work with most of the the computers for sale next to it?

You guys defending this product are on loose ground. You better find something more solid or you'll be sinking with the ship. Which is already halfway under.

You know, there's a part of me that believes that Avid wants LE to sink. What else could explain their lack of response to the multiple problems and competition?
Old 05-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
Absolutley ridiculous.

You're selling your product in Best Buy but it won't work with most of the the computers for sale next to it?

You guys defending this product are on loose ground. You better find something more solid or you'll be sinking with the ship. Which is already halfway under.

You know, there's a part of me that believes that Avid wants LE to sink. What else could explain their lack of response to the multiple problems and competition?
Okay..enough already.

You just crossed the line from 'blowin off steam' to being an a**

Lots of folks here run LE problem free

Move on, find another DAW...good riddance
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 PM

I think we all know it can be frustrating trying to get past problems, but you're talking to people who have taken the time to customize our systems to work with LE. We all have complaints and issues, but you're not going to get sympathy from those of us who have followed the instructions and compatibility grids required to run Pro Tools. It's not that hard - get a compatible computer if you want to run Pro Tools. If not, then use Reaper or whatever your computer will run. We don't work for Avid - we're users who share info on our experiences with Pro Tools. We don't have the power to change or update the code - but we can help other users get their system running properly. You can't just take any old pc to play intense video games or edit professional video - why should the reuirements for Pro Tools be any different. Any way, don't gripe at us - we're just users who for the most part like and use Pro Tools.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
Absolutley ridiculous.

the significant other(PTLE) is NOT gonna lose weight nor change its' looks 'cause we say so. it's amazin', to me, how 'some' follow the advice found here and elsewhere and end up with 'WORKING' systems for PTLE is it a pain?? yep...can be. but it is doable. if it was me and i was that PO'ed then i'd cut my losses and move to another DAW....lots to choose from. just sayin' waitin' on a drastic weight loss or whatever will keep you just where you're at...frustrated...and with a DAW that doesn't work...for you!! REAPER seems to be the DAW du jour...at least here on the DRUC (digireaper user conference)

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 05-01-2010, 04:54 PM

With all due respect, this is not the Blizzard Entertainment paladin forum. We're supposed to be here to help support, troubleshoot, and share tips concerning a DAW that most of us successfully use to put food on the table every day. I understand you don't like the product and are on a rage. Point taken. Are there some issues? Sure. There's issues with all DAW's at some point. But really, with all of the knowledge that's available on this forum alone...if you buy or build a system that does not work with LE it is completely your fault. That's the cold, hard truth. Take some ownership, man! Best of luck to you, but really...like the others are suggesting, time for you to move on. The Sunday paper special from The Buy is for web surfing and light gaming, not running a Pro Tools system. Sandra time! Bye.

=========
Old 05-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
In fact the computers from most of the better known companies are notoriously poor for Pro Tools. The custom builds are the best way to go.
When u say this out-loud it sounds pretty freaking ridiculous no? It should NOT be this way!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdre909 View Post
When u say this out-loud it sounds pretty freaking ridiculous no? It should NOT be this way!
What "should be" is, of course, a never-ending conversation. In this case Tom is correct concerning what the current state of hardware support IS. People who are doing this beyond a hobby are usually building machines with specific parts to tackle a specific task. Kind of makes sense when you think about it. The store-bought home consumer models, while increasingly more powerful everyday, are designed for a hodge podge of daily tasks. In a way it is sort of ironic, because it's almost easier to keep up with the pro or even semi-pro user, than to constantly chase the demands of casual home users and their various, indefinitely varied setups and toys. It's for this reason alone that I believe the entry level m-boxes and other $500 complete-recording rigs have actually hurt companies like Avid, rather than helped. Instead of porting the code from one end of the spectrum to the other there probably needs to be a separate, additional product created and supported specifically for this demographic. Of course there are some companies that keep up better than others. Make up your own minds and spend your money where you will.

=========
Old 05-01-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pro View Post
Okay..enough already.

You just crossed the line from 'blowin off steam' to being an a**

Lots of folks here run LE problem free

Move on, find another DAW...good riddance
That's the type of attitude that allows the problems to continue.

Maybe many do run it without problems, but it's bug ridden and antiquated.

I'm not an a**. Anybody that knows me would tell you so. I'm tired of spending money on a product that fails me all the time and getting no response from the developer. Or if I do get a response it's six months later.

Remember the movie The Poseidon Adventure? Your good riddance to me sounds like some of the people that refused to go. Good luck.

If nobody steps over the line the problems will continue forever. This company and their reponse to problems and current technology is a joke.

Maybe I will switch to another DAW, like the MANY others over at the Reaper forum. Where problems are are fixed in days. See you there. It's inevitable.