Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Unhappy Sound is only playing on the left monitor and headphone

Im hoping some one can help me out here we go. Im only getting sound from my left monitor for some reason the right side is not putting out sounds. Now I know the monitors work because i tested them out at my friends studio he has the same set up and i took my cables with me. Plus they work fine when I hooked the monitors up to my key boards. I have blogged but can find any help on this one and digi had me on hold for an hour I did not get through. I did a system reset but nothing all my cable are properly connected im wondering is there something I have not checked. I also went into utilities and selected monitoring and selected stereo multi and single the control room monitor set up im using is LCRS and only the left side work even in Stereo and it only plays on the left monitor or head phone please help.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Sound is only playing on the left monitor and headphone

You haven't given much info to go on here. Check your I/O setup as you may need to be using outputs 1 and 3 for left and right.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-15-2009, 07:17 PM

I believe that one and three is for the new c/24 the older model CONTROL 24 use's i/o 1-2 for left and right according to the manual. Wow I tried 1-3 but still had the same results Im going crazy because I cant figure this out. Like I have said I checked the cables and even replaced them. My i/o are good i check that as well digi had me on hold for about an hour. Anyone please help
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 PM

check that you've set all your outputs correctly and that your pans are all set
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 AM

Im having problems with my setup right now only the left side plays im not getting any sound at all from the right side I was on hold for a long time with digi. Im stressed out and losing money Im using the digi002 for now with my control 24 can some body help me figure this out even in the head phone it does the same thing. I have done evrything possible checked all the cable and made sure there configured right. Left and Right on the control 24 are 1 and 2, 3 is center, 4 is the sub , 5 is Ls, 6 is Rs, 7 and are my Alternates. and I have checked the panning and still no sound on the right side.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM

STYLES, I'm having the same issue with my C24. I do know the XLR connector from the C24 uses # 1 and 3 for your left and right monitors. Also, I tried using the Atl monitor output using TRS connectors. Still, for some reason the right channel isn't playing. I switched the cables around thinking it was a bad connection. That was not the problem, the left channel plays perfect.

Hopefully someone answers this issue quickly. As a workaround, I connected directly to my 003 rack to a Presonus Studio Monitor Station. It's not what I really want to do, since I paid all that money for the C24. However, I'm running two sets of monitors and a sub without any problems.... Just FYI...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Thanks man I have been thinking about that but its just pisses me off that I spent a lot on my control 24 and it not working like it should which means I have to spend more money.

I was talking to another engineer and he asked me what dsub cable am I using?

I told him a tascam dsub he said that might be the problem right there the schematics might be different then digi.

I have tried one from the guitar center as well still only sound on the left side only. So im trying to find the schematics on digi dsub cable.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM

This post is a confusing read.
Please clarify your setups and controller.
C/24 (For the new model) or control 24 (Old Model).

Mac PPC Dual 2.7, PT's 8HD3 (cs1)
C/24 user working fine.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Post Re: Sound is only playing on the left monitor and headphone

I got my out puts to work now its funny all I did was disconnect and clean everything.

Once I reconnected everything the same exact way my monitoring was fine I guess that was the only thing I did not do.

so If this information will help someone else there you go and thank you to everyone that tried to help.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Yo STYLES, Congrat on getting yours to work how it's suppose to. Question. Are you running a surround sound set up with your monitors or are you using multiple sets? By multiple, I mean 1 large monitor set and 1 small monitor set with a sub woofer in order to A - B your mix? If you're using multiples, how are you connected out of the C24? Example: XLR connector # 1 = Left monitor, XLR connector #3 = Right monitor.