Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Default need help connect master clock to tdm system

hi I have a pro tools 6.4.1 tdm mix system with 3 apogee AD8000SE connected. currently I have connected from the digi card back on the first AD8000 and loop through the other digi cards on the two other AD8000. The first is set to internal.

I want to purchase a black lion audio sparrow and connect it to my first AD8000.
How can I use the sparrow as a master clock?

can I use word clock out and connect to the first pro tools card. or should I connect it to the word in on the AD8000.
or schould I connect the sparrow to the aes ebu and set the sync on the AD8000 to aes ebu

Anyone know how to connect this?

thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Default Re: need help connect master clock to tdm system

Iv never done it but Im guessing its just using the word clock outs from your new clock to word clock in on the interface then just like normal in to out and so on from the word clock not loop sync. But if that doesnt work try once you have the clock out to your word clock in on the interface it might be exactly the same as before. Word clock in from MASTER clock then loop sync in out and so on. You either dasy chain the the word clock or loop sync but it has to go in word clock almost possitive of it.
Kinda like analog and Adam and Eve theres a few places the cable can go
but only one place its supposed too.
Id check the instuction manual I dont know either just trouble shouting with ya