Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM

Default Amused...Thank you for the DV Toolkit 2 Update BEFORE PT8!

I just have to say I am amused. I just got an email for my amnesty update to DV Tookit 2 BUT I have not received my updated to PT8.

But, at least when I DO get PT8, I will be ready to go. I guess I can go ahead and update to the Complete Production Toolkit now as well.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Amused...Thank you for the DV Toolkit 2 Update BEFORE PT8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimepoch View Post
I just have to say I am amused. I just got an email for my amnesty update to DV Tookit 2 BUT I have not received my updated to PT8.

But, at least when I DO get PT8, I will be ready to go. I guess I can go ahead and update to the Complete Production Toolkit now as well.

Anyone else have this happen?
No but given the fact the servers have been pretty swamped you might want to download the toolkits now and hopefully the mad rush will be over when you need to download the actual PT 8.0 upgrade

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-19-2008, 12:05 AM

Hehe, and that is what I did! :)
Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 AM

griempoch-

Out of curiousity, when did you upgrade your system, or software. I did in the middle of October, and trying to get an idea when I will get my amnesty e-mail. Thanks bro
Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-man View Post
griempoch-

Out of curiousity, when did you upgrade your system, or software. I did in the middle of October, and trying to get an idea when I will get my amnesty e-mail. Thanks bro
I seem to remember that it took around a week to get them all out back when 7.4 dropped. Most were probably out in 4 days or so. A lot of folks that missed the email found out they were getting shunted by thier spam filters. So you might want to check those spam folders or even log on to your ISP and check there if you have a webmail interface.

It will come

Right now the servers are jammed up anyway.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Sun, thanks my man!!! I actually upgraded from a 001 on 6.4. Remember those days? ha.

I fully realize that the servers are slammed right now, so no worries. I'm a teacher too, so after next Tuesday, I'll have a lot of days off to mess with 8!

This is my first venture into Macworld too. I could not be more impressed with how PT runs on a Mac. I'm completely sold on being a Mac user forever. I had a good run on PC's, but there's just something about my little black macbook that is magical. ha

Have a nice weekend, and I will stop obsessively checking my gmail. ha
Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 AM

I bought the DV Toolkit 2 off of eBay about 3 weeks ago. About 4 weeks ago I bought a DIGI RACK 003.

As for being a switch, man, I am right there with you. Been using PCs since about 1989 I think was when I built my first one. Well, in 2000 I decided to build two PCs for doing music production (I was writing music before then, but had never REALLY got into it too far). I went through TONS of sites on the net talking about building the perfect DAW PC at the time for doing music, I was running Samplitude & Cakewalk 8 or 9 at the time. So I built these machines around the M-Audio Delta 1010.

Come to find out, the motherboard I chose, which was recommended, had a problem with its PCI burst speed. No matter what interface I used, I could NOT get rid of the pops and clicks. Tried a Motu 2408 as well and still the same thing. Could not believe it.

At this time I met a local guy running a G3 and DP3. He showed me his setup and I was quite impressed. I bought a PowerBook G4 867Mhz and DP3 and a Motu 896. In one month I churned out four brand new songs, and played them live at a private party and a local club to about 150 people. I was changed forever at that point. I didn't have to fight drivers, and (as many) crashes, and incompatible hardware, and DP was rock solid at the time (oh how I miss those days, somewhat).

So yeah, with the work I've done with PT to this point, man, it has been rock solid. Not one crash yet. I am sure I will push it to the limit and get a crash here or there, especially with the new code, but I am like a little kid again using this new DAW to me. And I very much enjoy the stability of my mac machines. They are ULTIMATELY easier to keep up and I spend more time doing what I want then fixing broken software/hardware.