Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-12-2000, 07:00 AM

Default Track Transfer won\'t transfer (time code problem)

Hi.

I have a session in Protools LE. I sent it to the studio, where they have Protools.

When they try to transfer the tracks it says that the session is in a different time code and it won't transfer it.

What should I do?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2000, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Track Transfer won\'t transfer (time code problem)

I'm just guessing now:

If the session you transfer from has a timecode (session start time) that starts before timecode of the session you want to transfer to, you can get that errormessage. Try to set the start time of you original session (in the session setup window) to the same as the session you want to transfer to and click "maintain timecode" when that dialog comes up. Then return to track transfer and try again...

/T
Old 10-12-2000, 08:28 PM

Also check and see what your frame rate is on your session. 29.97? Drop, non drop? etc.
Then make sure that the session which you are transfering to has the same rate.

hope this helps
Craig
Old 10-13-2000, 08:32 PM

It's possible you may have to open the LE session in PT TDM first and GIVE it a timecode format - since it doesn't really have one in LE, does it?

Just a guess.

dc
Old 10-17-2000, 01:49 AM

LE doesn't use smpte, however the original time stamp should spot you regions. If you are getting error "out of range" make sure the session start times are the same. if that doesn't work try this...Highlight any track, and shift drag the highlighted area (not the regions) all the way back to absolute zero. Under edit, select Consolidate Region. This will give you a single region starting at zero. Do this with each track, then import them all into a PT session and drag them all to zero. they will all be in sync with each other.....Of course I don't know why you don't just open the session as is in PT!