Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Default SE Frustration

Hello,

I am having trouble with SE not responding. It freezes when loading Plug-ins & stops @ Expand.. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when it does load & I try a demo it says "Pro Tools not responding" @ the top of the screen. I click on it again and it starts. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it. I am using SE with an M-Audio Mobile Pre interface on a duo core toshiba laptop. It has 3g of ram & 350HD running windows 7 32-bit. Any help appreciated.

Dcader10
Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Re: SE Frustration

Pro Tool Se responded today. I had an audio drum loop on 1 track. Then I created 2 more tracks. I recorded vocals on 1 and guitar on the other. I did some settings selections for the effects on the vocals & guitar tracks. On playback I start to hear low level static noice on the drum loop track and then out of nowhere some on an off noises like cracking or ear unfriendly interference of some sort. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Any help appreciated,
Dcader10
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM

i told a friend of mine NOT to get this. i go to his house to set it all up. its horrible lol wth? se is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sound has random bursts of noise and crackles all the time. no ware to adjust buffer. no more mixer?? lmao

garbage.......... even for a free light version of pro tools is horrible. pro toolls free was better than this..
Mac g4 ,Pro Tools 24/Mix7 6.4.1cs4, 44/24 Trident 24,powercore (4),uad1 (4),waves apa. Avalon 737,Jomeek sc2,Jomeek vc1(2x),jomeek vc5, joemeek vc6,jomeek twinQ (green),symetric 525 (2x) dbx 376,dbx 586,lexicon mpx100, lexicon alex,alesis quadra verb2,roloand srv 2000(2),berhinger dualflex2,mackie pro control,korg trition 88 and 61,yamaha rs700,korg ms2000,akai s5000,akai mpc4000, ecler360,1200mg5(2x)motu express xt,motu2408, ensonic kmk8 midi merger,asrXpro,darkstar synth, yamaha dx200 & dx100
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM

Hello,

I was reading on the forum about SE compatibility problems with windows 7 which I am using. I was thinking, what if I uninstall it again and re-install it as if I am using Windows Vista 32 bit? Maybe this will fix my problem. I am going to try this. Anyone
done the same or have any suggestions I can try?

Thanks in advance,
Dcader10
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcader10 View Post
Pro Tool Se responded today. I had an audio drum loop on 1 track. Then I created 2 more tracks. I recorded vocals on 1 and guitar on the other. I did some settings selections for the effects on the vocals & guitar tracks. On playback I start to hear low level static noice on the drum loop track and then out of nowhere some on an off noises like cracking or ear unfriendly interference of some sort. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Any help appreciated,
Dcader10

g'day. this sounds a lot like troubles i was having. i eventually found that if in your preferances under audio. there is the setting for record and mixdown etc. if your set in record (because to your mind thats what your doing) the machine will run and then bog down and sound will break up etc not respond etc. if you set that setting down to mixdown. suddenly the whole world becomes a better place!!! and it all seems to work.... well, so far for me in my case. hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tny840 View Post
i told a friend of mine NOT to get this. i go to his house to set it all up. its horrible lol wth? se is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sound has random bursts of noise and crackles all the time. no ware to adjust buffer. no more mixer?? lmao

garbage.......... even for a free light version of pro tools is horrible. pro toolls free was better than this..
I also think SE has really to many glitches.

As for the crackling noise when using something like Vocal Studio or a fast track I found that after reinstalling everything it went away. I also used revo uninstaller to make sure the registry keys got deleted. This might work...

For computer freezes the important thing is RAM 2GB minimum in my opinion on windows 7. Also to have enough disk space and disable all background application like anti-virus, firewall ect... Maybe tweak windows 7 services in the computer management utility.

All in all Pro Tools SE has to many limitations and to many glitches when using, I personally think that things like rewire which I can get working should work as a standard. I mean even on Reaper DAW which is really good you have the posibility to use rewire.

I guess avid doesn't care to much about musicians that can't spend more than $400?