Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Default Air instruments expansion pack $299 7 instruments!!!!

Hi,

UPDATE! I would wait on downloading STRIKE and STRUCTURE till they have fixed the missing files issue in the downloads!! should be fixed in a few days i guess!!

A steal at this price for 7 instruments...

If you have at least one instrument registered in your Avid account then its just $149 (Must be registered NOT just an ilok auth)

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...expansion-pack

Hybrid 2.0 - High Definition Analog Synth
Velvet 2.0 - Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
Structure 2.0 - Sampler Instrument Workstation
Strike 2.0 - Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
Transfuser 2.0 - Interactive Melodic & Rhythmic Groove Creation Instrument
Loom 1.0.1 - Modular Additive Synthesizer
Vacuum Pro 1.0.1 - Polyphonic Analogue Tube Synthesizer

AAX 32 and 64 so will work in pro tools 10 and 11

The expansion pack Won't work in pro tools 9 or possibly earlier! as the pack is mainly AAX 32 and 64 (Loom and Vacuum pro are available as RTAS as well which will work in PT9 and earlier.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Air instruments expansion pack $299 7 instruments!!!!

I've been looking for this for a while now.I'd really love to purchase it if anyone can verify that you can do a simple MIDI Export from S.T.R.I.K.E. to and external DAW without the MIDI drift discussed in this forum some time ago...
Old 10-11-2013, 03:15 AM

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade code via email, and I'm a bit confused about the registration process vs iLok activation. I see the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack listed in "My Products" in my Avid account; does that mean I'm registered?

I tried to register with the activation code included with my purchased package (reseller) of PTIEP, but the registration returned an error saying it was an invalid entry.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan moore View Post
Hi,

I'm still waiting for my Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade code via email, and I'm a bit confused about the registration process vs iLok activation. I see the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack listed in "My Products" in my Avid account; does that mean I'm registered?

I tried to register with the activation code included with my purchased package (reseller) of PTIEP, but the registration returned an error saying it was an invalid entry.

Any suggestions?
Hi,

They should email you out a specific code for the upgrade.

As long as your product is reguistered in your Avid account you should receive the email ok.

Is your email correct in your account?

maybe they are still emailing out as they can't send them all at once so its done in batches.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 AM

It looks good, they have 2 new VI's and have upgraded Structure.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 PM

I got my codes (I have the PTIEP) and have upgraded to the new version for 99$ (plus tax of about 15$). That part of it is of course very nice. The download times however are a nightmare, I've been at it with 3 different computers simultaneously all day, it takes hours and hours and hours. It will not even get finished today.

I've also sent them an email to ask if the new versions could be used alongside the old ones (I do not want to risk being without one of these VI's because of bugs in the new ones and then not having the old one to fall back on anymore). I have not yet had a reply. Does anyone know the answer to this? It says on their website that you do not have the release your ilok license to obtain the new versions (which work with authorization codes and not with ilok). So presumably you can use the old and new versions alongside, but I'd like to make sure anyway.

Cheers, Bob.

PS I'm still on HD3 PCIe with PT10, Mac Pro.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
The download times however are a nightmare, I've been at it with 3 different computers simultaneously all day, it takes hours and hours and hours. It will not even get finished today.
Yeah me too. I'm only downloading Strike 2.0 and it is painfully slow. I've got two computers downloading since they are broken into 10 separate files. At this rate it's going to take all week to download, and yes I'm on a fast broadband connection. The problem is at their end, their server is crap!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM

So far I've downloaded everything except Structure (in 18 parts!)

But STRIKE won't mount, it claims parts 02-10 are missing. They aren't, they're right next to strike.dmg.

If anyone else successfully mounts and installs Strike let me know, I REALLy don't want to have to try and download that thing again, took HOURS.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 PM

It seems to be universal that Strike and Structure have corrupted download files on the Mac side. Looks like no possible fix until Tuesday next week.

I found out before I downloaded Structure. Fortunately, the other five download and work fine.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 PM

So far I am 100% underwhelmed with my Air Purchase Experience.

First their website is ridiculously convoluted. First I tried to upgrade (before my link came) and right on the website it says $99, but when added to cart, it became $149.

So I waited for my code. It came and worked, but confusing, as it seems to add not only the entire bundle, but every single instrument to your cart. Entering the code finally worked, and I checked out.

Then I get the webpage to download, and I spend literally HOURS download all the parts, and when I go to install, Strike and Structure downloads are corrupt. Pretty pathetic. Are they going to pay my internet bill when I hit the cap because I just downloaded 40 gigs for nothing?

Not to mention the installers there that do work, are also broken. When asking where to put content, choosing 'other' doesn't work. So the only choice is actually to install to your boot drive (which I do not want to do because my boot drive is a small SSD), and then manually find and move the contect myself, and hope the old 'relink' scripts that took forever to get last time around, actually work to relink content this time.

What a wank. Feeling like Air is a bunch of amateurs. If your installer is going to have the option to select and OTHER location, um, how it works!?

Are we sure Air isn't still a part of Avid?

Well whatever, hopefully when Strike and Structure downloads actually work, someone will post here so I can waste another 6 hours downloading them all over.