Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2023, 11:28 PM

Default When the MTM doesn't come up

I turn the S6 on the same way every day - haven't had an issue before through a few weeks. Usually a couple seconds after the power is on, both the touchscreen and the display module come up with the Avid logo, etc.

Today turning it on, it seemed to take longer for things to start up - eventually it was just a black screen on the MTM with a mouse pointer and nothing else, and with the purple light on each module (which each came up very slowly). It basically did not fully boot.

I did a whole power down of the UPS and the computer that's on that UPS and started everything up again from scratch and it booted - however it does seem like the MTM and display module don't show anything on the screen as fast as it did before the failure, like it's taking longer to boot.

Is there anything I can check or send regarding logs that would show why the boot failed? I'm worried there's something iffy..

This is a new MTM/new system/etc - latest software..
Old 06-16-2023, 09:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: When the MTM doesn't come up

There are a few reasons why this may happen. Although its an industrial computer inside...its still a computer with CPU, Memory, SSD etc. It could have been some piece of hardware that didn't come online or a corrupt file that is now repaired. Keep an eye on it and post again here if it happens again. I don't think logs would help as it does appear to have even run the MTMApp.