Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-13-2017, 10:18 AM

Default Can I change blue text in Transfuser??

Hi.
Clearly getting old.....but I just can't read any of the wretched drop down menus in Transfuser (1 not 2) as the text is blue.

Who the hell thought that up??? Blue text on a black background!!!

Is there a way to change this...or are there any lists online of the drop down content across the whole plug in?

Many thanks.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Can I change blue text in Transfuser??

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoboom View Post
Hi.
Clearly getting old.....but I just can't read any of the wretched drop down menus in Transfuser (1 not 2) as the text is blue.

Who the hell thought that up??? Blue text on a black background!!!

Is there a way to change this...or are there any lists online of the drop down content across the whole plug in?

Many thanks.
I don't know of any way to change the color of the text. However, if you're on a Windows system, you might try using the Windows magnifying glass on it. I believe you hit the Windows and plus keys together to get it. Windows and minus key to go back to normal. Perhaps making it bigger temporarily will help you read it better. That works for me on some of the VIs. Small fonts are a side effect of trying to cram as much a possible into the available space on a screen. Adding a bad color only makes that worse!

Old 09-14-2017, 04:53 AM

There is another way around this but it has drawbacks. Try changing the screen brightness and contrast if you can on your system. The drawback is you'll have a better look at the text but in other programs the screen will be blown out. I run into that with Amplitube 4 with the shadows and highlights in the gui. Set my system for that and everything else is so bright it hurts my eyes.

QAPLA!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:56 AM

Thank you for replies.

....and for not stating the obvious.."if you're too old to see, you're too old for Transfuser"... haha!

Unfortunately, neither option from replies will be suitable (I'm on a Mac / have tried changing brightness etc, but - as the member suggests - it compromises everything else), so, as I'm running multiple screens, will continue with the "standing up and squinting at the screens" option.

Ahhh, youth is wasted on the young.

Thanks again for your time.