Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Default Re: How do you not get access memory violation errors?

Thanks for your suggestions, but looking around here it seems that people are having more problems with PT 9 which doesn't convince me at all to buy it. I mean, why would I buy a program that's most likely to give me the same frustration if not more than PT 8.

I'll say this aswell, I think PT 9 Isn't worth the money at all, the only thing that's good is the delay compensation and that's it and id call PT 9 nothing more than an expansion than anything and I don't think its worth 3 hundred or so bucks just for one good feature that should have been in the prgram in the first place. I wish there was just an expansion that I could get delay compensation for 99 Bucks or something. Last but not least I wouldn't call it fair to call it PT 9, I mean nothing has really changed and its so underwhelming. Normally when prgrams have a diffrent number againts the name it more of a drastic difference. Still no 64Bit which is BS and people are still having stupid problems.
FL Studio - 9.0.3
Midi controllers - Behringer BCF 2000 - M-Audio Keystation 61es

Dan-Jay
Old 01-22-2011, 05:08 PM

What I'm saying is that PT 9 really should have been PT 8.0.5.

I mean

1. More tracks (should have been a free upgrade to 8.0.5)
2. Able to use any interface (Should have been a free upgrade to 8.0.5
3. Export as mp3 (should have been a free upgrade to 8.0.5
4. Delay compensation - Yeah, I'd pay for that because that's an actual valid improvement.

and the rest... well......... Errr... yeah.. Big deal really. No one should have to pay the same price for the same program twice which includes upgrades that really should have been in the next version of PT 8 for free IMO.

Then, PT 9 should have gone 64bit with VST support, better memory and CPU uasge and no stupid violation errors, assertion errors, saving errors and errors for just about everything you do.
FL Studio - 9.0.3

Dan-Jay
Old 01-22-2011, 05:10 PM

Dare I say it? There's Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm/) and Studio One Pro. I'm looking at these because I can still run XP. "Cubendo" 6 is out and only supports Win 7 so that's out for me as well.

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
Old 01-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia B View Post
Dare I say it? There's Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm/) and Studio One Pro. I'm looking at these because I can still run XP. "Cubendo" 6 is out and only supports Win 7 so that's out for me as well.
Well, I'm downloaded the demo to try it out, It's just the interface is way less user friendly IMO.
FL Studio - 9.0.3

Dan-Jay
Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM

The PT interface is one of the simplest I've seen.

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Jay View Post
2. Able to use any interface (Should have been a free upgrade to 8.0.5
4. Delay compensation - Yeah, I'd pay for that because that's an actual valid improvement.
both of these would have been imposible without having done a rework on the coding and drivers, which is why it's a new version and not just an upgrade.

One thing I've learn reading this forum is that people who don't have problems don't post unless you ask if someone has had problems with pt9. Then you'll see a bunch of, yep no problems here, wont go back etc.

There should be a thread just for. YAY! working fine for me.. heck.. I'll even start it even if I don't have pt9.

I'm still using pt7.4 because I won't change before I upgrade to HD. And truthfully, beside some system issues that crept up from long uses of the same os, which in time the OS it self need a fresh install. I've never, never had problems with dae errors, and I've run some very high track count and sessions that my whole system would slow down from.

So as I can understand how you can be frustrated, but remember that this is a -user- forum, it's not an actual Avid tech support forum. If you want help from avid's tech support, then you should go here.

Many users have a lot of experience, but it doesn't mean that they have all the answers, which is probably why you don't have an answer by now.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
both of these would have been imposible without having done a rework on the coding and drivers, which is why it's a new version and not just an upgrade.

One thing I've learn reading this forum is that people who don't have problems don't post unless you ask if someone has had problems with pt9. Then you'll see a bunch of, yep no problems here, wont go back etc.

There should be a thread just for. YAY! working fine for me.. heck.. I'll even start it even if I don't have pt9.

I'm still using pt7.4 because I won't change before I upgrade to HD. And truthfully, beside some system issues that crept up from long uses of the same os, which in time the OS it self need a fresh install. I've never, never had problems with dae errors, and I've run some very high track count and sessions that my whole system would slow down from.

So as I can understand how you can be frustrated, but remember that this is a -user- forum, it's not an actual Avid tech support forum. If you want help from avid's tech support, then you should go here.

Many users have a lot of experience, but it doesn't mean that they have all the answers, which is probably why you don't have an answer by now.

Hello. Thank you for your input, I shall sus it all out at Tech Support.

I just want to say though, I'm not getting any DAE errors and I never have. I always get acess violation errors which I think has something to do with the session being currupt, but I have no idea how I'm currupting my sessions?

I get these errors from pretty much doing anything, like moving audio around and such and it seems to always be in my main sessions (trust!). I try to replicate it and I never can in a session with very little in it, i try to stuff it up to see if I can create it and I cannot.

So access violation errros? I have no idea what they are and why I get them. I guess I'll never know because I've told Digi this before.
FL Studio - 9.0.3

Dan-Jay
Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia B View Post
The PT interface is one of the simplest I've seen.
Yes I agree.

The Reaper interface is terrible IMO. I just played around with it and I hated the way the midi editor was set out and how you actually get into the editor aswell. This is why I'm so angry because PT is the perfect program for me.
FL Studio - 9.0.3

Dan-Jay
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Assertion error issue:
"*\ \BDM\BDM_Workspace.cpp". line 1473"

The error/problem is caused by this: an audio CD was in the CD/DVDr drive while launching PTMP 8.04.

ridiculous.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=292864
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 AM

I think 7 days for a very hard to replicate problem being documented on the user side (cant replicate and we have not heard from OP yet) is VERY good. Some should thank the lucky stars a DUC exist.