Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 08-01-2016, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Can't create new project

OK. I think I have it.

1. You need to create an "Avid Master Account". Yes, I know we've already created a user/password when we downloaded the software, but this is different.

https://my.avid.com/account/orientat....com%2faccount

2. Link the accounts. Yes, again this is utter silliness to do this, but once created, I saw two other account on the bottom left, and one account (iLok) on the bottom right. iLk was apparently already linked, but I had to click on each account, create/register the same information for both.

THEN it worked.

There software must be good because this registration stuff is awful.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We reset your account, can you please try again?

Best regards,
CD
I tried again, and got the same result. 0/0 projects.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieandrews View Post
OK. I think I have it.

1. You need to create an "Avid Master Account". Yes, I know we've already created a user/password when we downloaded the software, but this is different.

https://my.avid.com/account/orientat....com%2faccount

2. Link the accounts. Yes, again this is utter silliness to do this, but once created, I saw two other account on the bottom left, and one account (iLok) on the bottom right. iLk was apparently already linked, but I had to click on each account, create/register the same information for both.

THEN it worked.

There software must be good because this registration stuff is awful.
Eddie, what other account did you link to your master account? I have a master account, which I'm using to log in to Pro Tools First. I have an account on the DUC, but it won't link to the master account -- gives an error. Is there some other account you linked to your master account to get this to work?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:46 AM

I am experiencing the same issue as the person who started this thread and others who posted to it:

On my dashboard I can see "0/0 projects". When I click create button, I get a note "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account".

It looks like the account reset worked for some people. Can we try that with my account too please?
Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbirney View Post
Eddie, what other account did you link to your master account? I have a master account, which I'm using to log in to Pro Tools First. I have an account on the DUC, but it won't link to the master account -- gives an error. Is there some other account you linked to your master account to get this to work?
Another account reset is on its way, will let you know once it's done. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 08-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdouble-u View Post
I am experiencing the same issue as the person who started this thread and others who posted to it:

On my dashboard I can see "0/0 projects". When I click create button, I get a note "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account".

It looks like the account reset worked for some people. Can we try that with my account too please?
Hi rmdouble-u,

We've created a ticket regarding your concern. Please check your Email for more info. Thank you!

Best regards,
Tope
Old 08-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Thank you Tope,

I registered for the forum with a different email address from the one that is associated with my Avid account. I didn't get an email on either address.

I have since changed my forum email address so it lines up with the account.

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi rmdouble-u,

We've created a ticket regarding your concern. Please check your Email for more info. Thank you!

Best regards,
Tope

Last edited by rmdouble-u; 08-04-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:25 PM

Hi.

I´m on location for a week and thought it might be useful to download the free version to a laptop to be able to check things. Same problem as the other ones in this thread. I can´t create a project since I already have to many although I have none. OS 10.11.6 on this computer, is that it?
I can see the license in my Ilok-account but that doesn´t help me...

Svante
Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 PM

Hi again.
Going through things inte more time. If I'm not up on the net the create button is greyed out. When I connect to the net I can see that I'm being logged into my avid account and after a while the create button lights up. But when I press it I get the message that I have to many projects. But I haven't been able to create any projects and if I switch to open projects there is nothing there. Solution???

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2016, 12:13 AM

Checked my cloud space in my avid account. It says 0/3 projects which confirms that I have no projects. Something is seriously wrong.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk